Dell gives them what they want: Windows XP

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:57 am

B A N E wrote:TBH,
IF money wasn't an object, I'd go with the XPS line or better.

But, if I spend more than a grand, I will hear about it from my
better half.
Yeah the XPS's are WAAAAY over priced. I remember when Dell was the every man's computer about 5 years ago. You could get features only found in higher end machines at a price that was unheard of. Since then they've gone into the boutique market and priced themselves out of just about everyones budget.

I just priced a low end XPS 1710 and it came out to $3400+ bucks after I tweaked it. That's just unbelievable for a gaming rig.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#17 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:28 am

$700 to upgrade from a 7200C2D to a 7600C2D?
$1700 to upgrade from 1G to 4G Ram?
:shock:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

warpedboard

Post#18 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:32 am

Havok wrote:

better half.
Yeah the XPS's are WAAAAY over priced. I remember when Dell was the every man's computer about 5 years ago. You could get features only found in higher end machines at a price that was unheard of. Since then they've gone into the boutique market and priced themselves out of just about everyones budget.

I just priced a low end XPS 1710 and it came out to $3400+ bucks after I tweaked it. That's just unbelievable for a gaming rig.
You pretty much have to watch for one of their "sales" to make an XPS worth it... I ended up w/ the lower-end XPS 400 w/ 2GB at a much better price, but those numbers they have up now ARE rather :shock: !

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 pm

warpedboard wrote:
Havok wrote:

better half.

You pretty much have to watch for one of their "sales" to make an XPS worth it... I ended up w/ the lower-end XPS 400 w/ 2GB at a much better price, but those numbers they have up now ARE rather :shock: !
I should have been more specific myself. I was building a laptop. It's just ridiculous considering that they don't even make the freaking laptop.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Technology & Games”