The Force Unleashed

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Raven2

The Force Unleashed

Post#1 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:42 am

Just finished The Force Unleashed, Wii version. I'm not a hardcore gaming console guy ... the Wii is the only console I own. For serious gaming I turn to my PC.
Overall, TFU is a good game. The story hooks you early and pulls you in -- I didn't put the controllers down until 3 a.m.
I played the PC versions of KOTR and the Sith Lords, and was a bit disapointed at the lack of interaction with the other characters in the story. But I guess that's typical of a console version. Still, the story is worthy of the Lucas Arts label, and has all the elements you'd expect from a Star Wars tale.
The Wii remote/nunchuck combination works great for TFU, although your lightsaber options are a bit limited. Force Powers on the Wii remote are awesome.
I was a bit disappointed by the lack of a first-person perspective. You don't see the game through your character's eyes. Instead, you see your character from a third-person view.
The game is short. I finished it in about 15 hours. I plan to play it again to experiment with new Force power combinations. It also has a two-player duel mode, so you can continue to get use out of it after you complete the story.
Despite its shortcomings, its worth playing. Just don't expect the level of complexity that you'd find in the PC versions of KOTR or the Sith Lords.

Happy New Year!
>>> Raven <<<

Return to “Technology & Games”