Page 1 of 1
A Good Laugh
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:05 pm
You should read the first 3 paragraphs. This is on the Symantac website.
http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.js ... icker_worm
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 pm
the link isnt working
i must be infected..can i please borrow somebodies un-infected computer to watch the video and download the removal tool before its too late!
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:28 pm
try going to http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.js ... icker_worm
If that doesn't work then there is a good chance your system is infected. Here is the procedure that might help you.
1. Click Start > Run.
2. In the Run box, type the following: cmd
3. Click OK.
4. Type the following and then press Enter. cd..
5. Repeat the previous step until you get to the root level, or C:\>. Note that if your root drive is not C, the letter will be different.
6. At C:\> type the following: net stop dnscache
7. Press Enter. This disables the domain blocking feature of Conficker and you should now be able to reach security Web sites including ours. You should now be able to download the Conficker removal tool here.
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 pm
...i wuz just joking bout the link not goin to the site..i like how it says that if your infected you wont be able to acess the site and that u need read all these things and download the removal tool from a diff comp....
well how the hell u gonna know that if your comps infected and u cant even read about it?!?
they made alot to do about this worm..local news and abc world news repotred about it...even had a link to a "conflicker news group" webpage so u can keep updated on whats goin on..
but thanks anyway for trying to help...now that ive made fun of it all im sure to pick the bug up soemtime soon...
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:12 am
It must be my meds, there is some logic in the 3rd paragraph, but it is escaping me.
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 am
"If you can't read this, here's what to do"...
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 pm
Some time ago we had a search day at work where all staff had to participate in searching the whole jail for contraband.
The Officer in charge said "I will call you on the radio if I need to speak to you. If you can't hear me, phone me....."
There was silence as we all shook our heads at the ridiculous statement.