HC setting up another new game.

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

HC setting up another new game.

Post by Gilgamesh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

This one has the addons Asteroids, Teleport, No Allies and Sphere, and will eventually reduce to one turn per week so you'll still have time to pick up your CM games when they return! [-o<

http://www.locrysound.com/high_command/high_command.htm - click on the games page. Send Matthias an email with your race choice if you're interested.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Re: HC setting up another new game.

Post by Gilgamesh » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Not enough sign ups before the deadline - the game has been pulled...
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post by Havok » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 am

Why have a deadline if there are so few players? How is he getting the word out other than you Gil?
Regards,
][avok

Aleortu

Post by Aleortu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 am

It happened in another hosting that it took so long to get the players that when the game started I forgot I have signed in some 8 months earlier.
So HC can start with less players. Usually the Evil Empire is empty, nobody wants to play this rae these days.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Matthias likes a minimum of 9 players to start a game, and he sets a date by which that number needs to sign up to go ahead with it. He sends out an email to his player mailing list letting them know that there is a game available. Some fill, others do not, I guess. There were 6 signed up for this game, then it dropped to 5 the day before the deadline.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

streu

Post by streu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 pm

I guess that's a problem that will keep troubling us through the ending 2010's; games that quickly fill are rare at PlanetsCentral as well.

There used to be 60000+ VGAP players. It would surely help if players also bang the drum a little for new games, not just the host guys, to reactivate old acquaintances...

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Sadly true. I'm not sure which came first - the decline in players or the decline in hosts. When NAVGAP went down I had no problems finding another host (CM). These days, not so easy.

I was reading over some of the forum banter from the first Unnatural Selection game here at CM 10 years or so ago. We were a gung-ho bunch - sometimes getting two host runs per day with lots of fun smack talk and also helpful posts on the forum. Good times - I'm looking forward to a renewal of activity. It's too good a game and there are too many great people to let it all go.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Scuttlebutt”