So ... what's the news??

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

So ... what's the news??

Post#1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:46 pm

August is over!

I know it's WAY too early for any sort of evaluation, but can you give us any indication of how many submissions you got? Or of the general types of submissions you got??

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ...
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Re: So ... what's the news??

Post#2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:14 pm

Klauser wrote:August is over!

I know it's WAY too early for any sort of evaluation, but can you give us any indication of how many submissions you got? Or of the general types of submissions you got??

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ...
I got so many submissions that I won't have all of the scenarios graded until this time next year. :shock:

Nah not really... What we ended up with is about 7 real submissions where people took the time to create something from nothing. My work is cut out for me. I'll have more posted over the coming days.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#3 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:15 pm

Ooooo .... seven scenarios. Good stuff!!!

I know you intended to run the winning scenario as a game. Will we get a chance to view the other six? I'd love to see how other designers worked their scenarios!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#4 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:44 pm

Klauser wrote:Ooooo .... seven scenarios. Good stuff!!!

I know you intended to run the winning scenario as a game. Will we get a chance to view the other six? I'd love to see how other designers worked their scenarios!!
Yeah I think so. I think a good idea would be to put up a downloads page w/ all the 2005 submissions on it.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Post#5 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:27 pm

I will have the results of the Scenario Design contest posted by Thursday. I'm sorry for the delay, I've been working a lot of hours the last 2 weeks.
"Bah! A weak excuse for delay. A Klingon warrior would ignore the petty demands of work and home and press forward into the contest. He would battle each scenario, culling out the weak and challenging the rest until one stood tall and unbowed by his brutal onslaught ..."

Ahem .... sorry, my impatient Klingon side took over for a second. No problems - we'll stand by. Patiently.


< ... must ... not ... pick ... up .... bat'leth ....> ;)
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#6 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:02 am

Sounds like the Host is slacking off. He only works 4 days a week, I mean how easy can life get :wink: :P :lol:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#7 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:11 am

Klauser wrote:
I will have the results of the Scenario Design contest posted by Thursday. I'm sorry for the delay, I've been working a lot of hours the last 2 weeks.
"Bah! A weak excuse for delay. A Klingon warrior would ignore the petty demands of work and home and press forward into the contest. He would battle each scenario, culling out the weak and challenging the rest until one stood tall and unbowed by his brutal onslaught ..."

Ahem .... sorry, my impatient Klingon side took over for a second. No problems - we'll stand by. Patiently.


< ... must ... not ... pick ... up .... bat'leth ....> ;)

BAH, there ya go, bringing a Bat'leth to a Disruptor fight [-X
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#8 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:12 am

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Sounds like the Host is slacking off. He only works 4 days a week, I mean how easy can life get :wink: :P :lol:
Gosh I'm telling ya... You want this 200 Mega Millions winning ticket? I don't need it.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#9 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:14 am

I tried to buy out here In CA, but only the east coasters seem to win the big ones.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Posts: 688

Post#10 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:04 am

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Sounds like the Host is slacking off. He only works 4 days a week, I mean how easy can life get :wink: :P :lol:
Oh, yeah. Tech support. 'cause everybody knows that dealing with end lUsers is so easy...

"Well, sir, I think this sounds like a pretty serious I-D-ten-T error..."

And if you don't know what that error message is you've never done tech support, that's certain.

Hint for the lUsers: try removing the spaces and putting the number '10' in place of the word. Then squint a little when you read it.

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#11 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:44 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Sounds like the Host is slacking off. He only works 4 days a week, I mean how easy can life get :wink: :P :lol:
Oh, yeah. Tech support. 'cause everybody knows that dealing with end lUsers is so easy...

"Well, sir, I think this sounds like a pretty serious I-D-ten-T error..."

And if you don't know what that error message is you've never done tech support, that's certain.

Hint for the lUsers: try removing the spaces and putting the number '10' in place of the word. Then squint a little when you read it.
Hell, lets just spell it for them...

I d 10.t

Now, do the hokey pokey and throw your PC out!

That's what it's all about!
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Scuttlebutt”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron