Will we feel ya, Ophelia?

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Nfredible

Will we feel ya, Ophelia?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:20 pm

Think there will be any issues with Tropical Storm Ophelia brushing the east coast so close to this particular Echo Cluster's home? Last hurricane we got was so-so but put some of us without power for two weeks and such. Keep an eye on the websites weather link to see just how bad it gets. Just figured it should be put out there in case updates or turns come a little slow after the storm.
Nfredible
Concerned citizen...

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Will we feel ya, Ophelia?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:28 pm

Nfredible wrote:Think there will be any issues with Tropical Storm Ophelia brushing the east coast so close to this particular Echo Cluster's home? Last hurricane we got was so-so but put some of us without power for two weeks and such. Keep an eye on the websites weather link to see just how bad it gets. Just figured it should be put out there in case updates or turns come a little slow after the storm.
Nfredible
Concerned citizen...

I was with out for 7 days... Had to throw the whole refrig away... man that stunk... As least the phone lines held that tree long enough for me to move my car.
Best Regards,

Joe

Nfredible

yup

Post#3 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 pm

Well, I was without power for 13 days. As soon as the defrosting started, I broke out all the meats, whipped up the charcoal inthe grill and ate like a king . Burgers, steaks, chicken 4 different ways, and I think even ribs. Little aluminum foil, and I even had grill steamed veggies.. mm mm good. This year, need to get myself a generator.. .just in case.

Shardin5

Post#4 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Lucky, for most she can't make up her mind so it should be a mild one.
Sure hope it is,
[-o<
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:43 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Lucky, for most she can't make up her mind so it should be a mild one.
Sure hope it is,
[-o<

Actually, a little rain would be nice :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Nfredible

Post#6 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:05 pm

I agree that some rain would certainly be helpful...but you know... it sure was easy to cut my grass since it was dry. I am pretty sureit'll just blow on by, and that would be best... some sprinkles, maybe a few brezzy hours. Then just goes away.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:33 pm

Nfredible wrote:I agree that some rain would certainly be helpful...but you know... it sure was easy to cut my grass since it was dry. I am pretty sureit'll just blow on by, and that would be best... some sprinkles, maybe a few brezzy hours. Then just goes away.

Maybe you should have left that old shed up and let Ophy do the work for ya :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Scuttlebutt”