5 Game Openings

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

5 Game Openings

Post#1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:08 pm

Hey everyone. I just got a message from Bob Knowles (aka Mojo) and he's had to drop out of the following games. No Frills 1, 2 & 3. Shark Infested Waters & Blown Away. I think he was playing the Privateers in all of those games.

Here's the message:

Due to freak electrical storm last night, I lost 3 computers and my laptop... The only computer I have access to right now is the one at work, and I cannot put VGA Planets on it. Add to that, my new employer is requiring me to report for work on Oct 1st in Austin, TX....

If anyone wants to write him, you can send him a letter at his gmail account. qzmojo@gmail.com.
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: 5 Game Openings

Post#2 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:05 pm

Sysop wrote:Hey everyone. I just got a message from Bob Knowles (aka Mojo) and he's had to drop out of the following games. No Frills 1, 2 & 3. Shark Infested Waters & Blown Away. I think he was playing the Privateers in all of those games.

Here's the message:

Due to freak electrical storm last night, I lost 3 computers and my laptop... The only computer I have access to right now is the one at work, and I cannot put VGA Planets on it. Add to that, my new employer is requiring me to report for work on Oct 1st in Austin, TX....

If anyone wants to write him, you can send him a letter at his gmail account. qzmojo@gmail.com.

That is completely horrible. If I weren't broke I'd spend the $500 to buy him a new one...

Guess that's why I tend to be broke though.

Shardin5

Post#3 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Thats the last thing Bob needed right before his big move too. :(
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

qzmojo

Post#4 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:50 pm

Thanks for all the good thoughts.... I am now in Austin until the 17th. Then back to NH to get the house ready for sale and back to TX on the 29th. I now have 2 laptops (both of them business - so no games...X-( ). I can, however, check the forums occasionally. :D

Hopefully, I'll be all set up again by the first part of Nov...

qzmojo@gmail.com
Your Friendly Pirate,

Mojo :D
---------------
It pays to be obvious,
Especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.
- S. Hardin
Mayor, Terminus

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#5 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:07 pm

qzmojo wrote:Thanks for all the good thoughts.... I am now in Austin until the 17th. Then back to NH to get the house ready for sale and back to TX on the 29th. I now have 2 laptops (both of them business - so no games...X-( ). I can, however, check the forums occasionally. :D

qzmojo@gmail.com

Bah, you can sneak VGAP on there. They'll never know... Unless they're using keystroke monitoring software, which they probably are...

...and you can bet they're watching your network traffic. 'course, what you do from your own ISP is probably not watched.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:43 pm

qzmojo wrote:Thanks for all the good thoughts.... I am now in Austin until the 17th. Then back to NH to get the house ready for sale and back to TX on the 29th. I now have 2 laptops (both of them business - so no games...X-( ). I can, however, check the forums occasionally. :D

qzmojo@gmail.com

You should install your games on thumb drive, then you can play whenever.

Did you other stuff get covered by home owners insurance?
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:44 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

qzmojo@gmail.com

Bah, you can sneak VGAP on there. They'll never know... Unless they're using keystroke monitoring software, which they probably are...

...and you can bet they're watching your network traffic. 'course, what you do from your own ISP is probably not watched.

There's ways around that :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Scuttlebutt”