4 New Games Coming

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

4 New Games Coming

Post#1 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:24 pm

We'll have some new games launching over the weekend. Does anyone have any requests?
Best Regards,

Joe

Klauser

Post#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:09 pm

Wow ... four at once!!

Normally I'd jump at the chance, but I'm tied up with the Klingon Civil War right now.

Once that one ends, I may see if I can drum up enough interest in an "Alpha Quadrant" based game.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:00 pm

Klauser wrote:Wow ... four at once!!

Normally I'd jump at the chance, but I'm tied up with the Klingon Civil War right now.

Once that one ends, I may see if I can drum up enough interest in an "Alpha Quadrant" based game.

I've got that on my short list for when your other one ends. :)
Best Regards,

Joe

belorsch

Post#4 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:04 pm

Stop trying to tempt me...

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:24 pm

belorsch wrote:Stop trying to tempt me...

Temp Temp Temp!!!!
Best Regards,

Joe

Klauser

Post#6 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:18 pm

][avok,

While on the subject, I recently checked the Download area and noticed that the Alpha Quadrant stuff wasn't available.

Now I honestly don't remember if you ever had it up on the Downloads page or not.

Did you need me to resend the files to you?
Klauser

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:55 pm

Klauser wrote:][avok,

While on the subject, I recently checked the Download area and noticed that the Alpha Quadrant stuff wasn't available.

Now I honestly don't remember if you ever had it up on the Downloads page or not.

Did you need me to resend the files to you?

I've got it... I set it a side when you tried to corner the entire SDC contest :lol: and meant to put it on the scenario's page. I just forgot about it until it all got brought again.

I'll get that up there soon.
Best Regards,

Joe

Klauser

Post#8 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Yeah, well ... when I get in the scenario buildin' mode I get a little "focused". My wife calls pronounces it "obsession".

If anyone is interested, the beta test for Alpha Quadrant went real well. The Ferengi (10) player won (high score at a given turn) but was closely followed by the Cardassian (9), then the Borg (6), and finally by the Maquis player (11) who finally figured out what he could with carriers ;)
Klauser

hennef

Post#9 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:38 am

what is this add-on?

new ship list, or complete new races?

hennef

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#10 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:12 pm

hennef wrote:what is this add-on?

new ship list, or complete new races?

hennef

The scenario is called Star Trek: Alpha Quadrant. It's now posted on the site in the scenarios download area.
Best Regards,

Joe

Klauser

Post#11 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:24 pm

Yeah ... the Alpha Quadrant mod is more specifically replacement data for race name and ship stats - with replacement graphics for both DOS and Windows VGAP.

What I did was rework the races and ships to those seen prominently in Star Trek:TNG and Star Trek:DS9. The eleven races are now (in order); Federation, Gorn, Romulan, Klingon, Orion, Borg, Tholian, Dominion, Cardassian, Ferengi, and Maquis.

Each race has a full complement of race-specific ships - and the ship classes you see most prominently from those shows are in there. Here's a list of some of the more prominent ones"

Fed - Galaxy, Nebula
Rom - D'Deridex, Valdore
Klingon - Vor'cha, Neq'Var
Borg - Cube, Diamond, Sphere
Dominion - Attack Ship, Warship
Cardassian - Galor, Keldon
Ferengi - D'Kora

The beta test was a real blast to host - and while I didn't play one of the races, I did get a chance to fill in while several players needed to take breaks. [/list]
Klauser

Return to “Scuttlebutt”