Images in Resource Pln - exporting???

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

warpedboard

Post#16 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
warpedboard wrote:
However, since VCR replacement has come up too, thought I'd mention that if you want to replace the graphics in wpvcr.dll, I made a util a while back to both unpack all the bitmaps in the file into individual .bmp files, and allow repacking said (possibly modified) files back into a wpvcr.dll. If you're interested, let me know & I can either send it to you or ask Havok to add it to the downloads.
PlayVCR uses whatever BMP files you have in WinPlan\BMP directory. That way, whatever ships you are using in WinPlan are the same one you see in combat.
It'll use the wpvcr.dll if present too though, and I found that looks WAY better during the battle animations. The dll provides proper-sized (50x50) images, left & right facing, so you have greater control over how the ships appear. Of course, the downside is, then you get to do 2 sets of images :)

Akalabeth

Post#17 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:39 am

warpedboard wrote: It'll use the wpvcr.dll if present too though, and I found that looks WAY better during the battle animations. The dll provides proper-sized (50x50) images, left & right facing, so you have greater control over how the ships appear. Of course, the downside is, then you get to do 2 sets of images :)
Thank God it doesn't use the BMPs by default. That would look hideous with the 50 different orientations each ship has.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#18 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:16 pm

All of the editors have been posted. You can find them on the New Downloads page and on the Host Utilities page.

Thanks guys!

][

Return to “Scuttlebutt”