Star Trek Game

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

Star Trek Game

Post#1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Anyone check this out, looks interesting.

Logain

Post#2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:17 am

Casebolt...

Got a link to the game?

Logain

casebolt

Post#3 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm

You tube >star trek online< and you will be compelled to buy it. Humanoids allowed only untill they release, not sure how the Klingons talked their way into that, they will release other races later to choose as yours.
The Space combat is very very good and the ground attacks are not as so defined but very good. Can you say rear shields down Klingons have beamed over????

STAR TREK online is well worth buying.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:51 pm

I think it's currently in an open beta test.

http://www.startrekonline.com/openbeta
Regards,
][avok

Krait

Post#5 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Actually, it went live this past Tuesday.

I played beta, pre-order and release. I'm enjoying it a great deal. It is a mmorpg, but not as strict in multiplayer as the first generation games.

You can solo, group, fleet action. You have space based and ground based combat. You migrate through levels, ships at rank change points. You are charged with equipping and improving your ship.
You gain bridge officers as you advance. You equip, train and promote them as you advance. On ground missions, they are your away team supporting you. If you are in a multiplayer group, the size adjusts depending on the mission.

So far, it appears to be quite deep and complex...something that should appeal to the hard core VGAP player. End game is not complete. If you have played a new release MMORPG before, you understand that the game never comes out complete and the end game is the least realized.

I do not presume to be an expert on the game, Ive been playing for about three weeks and just now getting to have a grasp on most systems. Please feel free to leave any questions and Ill reply to the best of my knowledge.

Good hunting.
been there, done that...

hennef

Post#6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:11 pm

sounds very interesting.. if only i had the time... Mass Effect II is in the shelves... I doubt I will have time for ANYTHING else in the next weeks ;)
have fun!

hennef

Krait

Post#7 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 pm

hennef wrote:sounds very interesting.. if only i had the time... Mass Effect II is in the shelves... I doubt I will have time for ANYTHING else in the next weeks ;)
That why you handing your probes off to the Cyborg?
been there, done that...

Return to “Scuttlebutt”