Queensland Floods

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Queensland Floods

Post#1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 pm

hi Guys.

Queensland is experiencing the worst floods in 35 years and could end up being the worse than the catastrophic floods which occured here in 74.

75% of the State has been declared a natural disaster zone and an area greater than Germany and France combined is under water.

10 people dead and 78 missing after flash flooding. The flood peak is expected Thursday Australian time and they are evacuating the State Capital CBD and many suburbs. 40,000 homes could end up being flooded.

Things have been ok up to now where I have been but that may change as the flood peaks.

I have sent an email to ][avok asking for my games to be paused.

Should the problems continue for too long, I may just drop from some or all of my games.

Spare a prayer for those who have lost their homes and all their possessions.

Here are some photos

http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&b ... CGoQsAQwCA

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

All of your games have been paused Cardno. Be safe!
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Post#3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

Thinking of you and your partner as we watch the devastation to our north. I hope the effect on you guys in minimal and the country continues to get behind all of those caught up in it.

Unfortunately the flooding is heading south into New South Wales. Who knows how much of the eastern states will be submerged before this is over?..
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

FLETCH

Post#4 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 am

FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:50 am

Hoping you guys stay safe and dry. Couldn't believe what I was seeing on the news last night. Good luck - best wishes.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Scuttlebutt”