Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks. I tried to reinstall and made certain I was aiming for the folder as my winplan.exe. Same result, and I searched my computer and can't find a winplano.exe anywhere. Something's not going properly. I'm only selecting the Play VCR option in the installer, is there something else I should add?
I have just tried that (on a native XP), worked for me.
- First screen, with Readme file, click next.
- Second screen, uncheck everything but "Base Files" and "PlayVCR".
- Third screen, enter any folder you wish (you can keep the default).
- Fourth screen, enter the path to your Winplan installation. If you leave it empty, you will not get the Winplan integration. If you enter anything and there is no winplan.exe file, the installer will complain.
- Fifth screen, if you have entered a Winplan directory, you can keep the default here, or you can even leave it empty, it just affects your starting directory when you call PlayVCR from the "Start" menu.
For debugging, you could run the installer again, and when it is finished, click on the "View Details" button, right-click into the detail list, "Copy details to clipboard", and paste that into an email to <streu>. This listing will also tell you (and me) where the installer claims to have stored winplano.exe.
The installer tries to guess your Winplan directory (by combining directory names "games", "plan1", "spiele", "planets", "winplan"). If you tell me your directory name, I can make the heuristic a little smarter. But that only affects the default. When you enter a directory name, the integration should work.