I missed CM's birthday.

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

I like the B5 reference at the end :) Thanks Matt and everyone else. :)
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 am

Shardin5 wrote:Thanks Havok for a great hosting site. I can't believe its been 6 years already. Love you new Profile avatar, now were is that Derek Wildstar avatar I need?
I see you've added your own Star Blazers avatar. I've just uploaded a new gallery of Star Blazers pictures you can choose from here now as well.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#18 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Havok wrote:
Shardin5 wrote:Thanks Havok for a great hosting site. I can't believe its been 6 years already. Love you new Profile avatar, now were is that Derek Wildstar avatar I need?
I see you've added your own Star Blazers avatar. I've just uploaded a new gallery of Star Blazers pictures you can choose from here now as well.
I was playing with a few of them. You have uploaded a couple I was debating about. Once again, host to the rescue. Now how about that Cylon vs Tholian game? I just know how much you Love Webs.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#19 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Shardin5 wrote:
Havok wrote:
I was playing with a few of them. You have uploaded a couple I was debating about. Once again, host to the rescue. Now how about that Cylon vs Tholian game? I just know how much you Love Webs.
I would absolutely love to see a Star Blazer's shiplist... (ooooh Mr. Clouser....)

You want to play me in a 1x1? We would have to get that setup and running somewhere else since I couldn't do it here without knowing everything in the setup. Give Merlyn a call and tell him to turn on the server.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Havok wrote: You want to play me in a 1x1? We would have to get that setup and running somewhere else since I couldn't do it here without knowing everything in the setup. Give Merlyn a call and tell him to turn on the server.
I could always setup the game for you. As long as you do not look at the host files you should be clueless about the setup. :shock:

akshamu

Post#21 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Thank you Havok for a great site
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Havok
Site Admin

Post#22 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

BitMask wrote:
Havok wrote: You want to play me in a 1x1? We would have to get that setup and running somewhere else since I couldn't do it here without knowing everything in the setup. Give Merlyn a call and tell him to turn on the server.
I could always setup the game for you. As long as you do not look at the host files you should be clueless about the setup. :shock:
I considered that but the best way would be to play somewhere else. Then there's never a shadow of a doubt. This is ironically why I do not often play games here other than a test game.
Regards,
][avok

Logain

Post#23 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Havok wrote:
BitMask wrote:
I considered that but the best way would be to play somewhere else. Then there's never a shadow of a doubt. This is ironically why I do not often play games here other than a test game.
Be a shame to get banned from your own site! [-(

Havok
Site Admin

Post#24 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Maybe I could team up with myself in a no-ally game.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#25 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I seem to recall somebody suggesting a team game of that sort.
ie: one player playing multiple races.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#26 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm

B A N E wrote:I seem to recall somebody suggesting a team game of that sort.
I think that may have been Cardno or Fletch a while back.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#27 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:41 am

Shardin5 wrote:You want to play me in a 1x1? We would have to get that setup and running somewhere else since I couldn't do it here without knowing everything in the setup. Give Merlyn a call and tell him to turn on the server.
Don't have time for a 1x1 but it would be funny, Cylon vs Tholian. Not at all worried about it being hosted here though. I remember the last time, we meet, you may need the handicap of looking at the files before hand. Granted you would never do that, but even if you did, not sure it would help you.

Funny part is we were allowed to bring very little with us, as everything is very managed here. Brought 5 DVD's and 3 of them are the Star Blazers series. Series one, is still the best. Granted BC Rock is a favorite down here, most have never heard of it before, and the Stewy comments fly around here. Snow, snow everwere go NUTZ.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

FLETCH

Post#28 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 am

Havok wrote:
I seem to remember the discussion as well but twas not I.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#29 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 am

FLETCH wrote:
Havok wrote:
I seem to remember the discussion as well but twas not I.
Rings a bell! Think I suggested a 2x2x2x2x2, with one player playing two races.

I would be dead keen to get involved in a game like that!

Co-incidentally ][avok, I actually did play in a game against Gunnado (which was hosted here, I think??). I played the lizards and xtals. Steve played pirates and I think the birdmen. We didn't finish it, but suffice to say, the xtals and lizards are a potent combination against the pirates and birdmen.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#30 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Shardin5 wrote:
Shardin5 wrote:You want to play me in a 1x1? We would have to get that setup and running somewhere else since I couldn't do it here without knowing everything in the setup. Give Merlyn a call and tell him to turn on the server.
Don't have time for a 1x1 but it would be funny, Cylon vs Tholian. Not at all worried about it being hosted here though. I remember the last time, we meet, you may need the handicap of looking at the files before hand. Granted you would never do that, but even if you did, not sure it would help you.
I was hammered in that game so quickly because I had nothing and I do mean nothing on my HW to build more ships... So snagging my one lone lonely Instrumentality at that point was crippling. In addition I thought you were going to be working with me against the IRJTN not against me. C'est la vie. At least I got the IRJTN Boneyard map out of the deal.
Shardin5 wrote:Funny part is we were allowed to bring very little with us, as everything is very managed here. Brought 5 DVD's and 3 of them are the Star Blazers series. Series one, is still the best. Granted BC Rock is a favorite down here, most have never heard of it before, and the Stewy comments fly around here. Snow, snow everwere go NUTZ.
I prefer the second series with the Comet Empire. IMOP better story, better animation techniques, the redemption of Desslock and in the American version the Star Force survives.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”