Tsunami hitting Japan

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm

New reports are now indicating that no less than 5 nuclear reactors may be having cooling issues.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#17 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm

And it's not even 2012 yet......

Havok
Site Admin

Post#18 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 pm

I keep saying it over and over... Someone take Steve a beer!!!
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#19 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 am

Havok wrote:I keep saying it over and over... Someone take Steve a beer!!!
Sorry mate - i'm guessing Steve was a Canterbury Draught man while I was a Southern 'Speights' Man...just can't bring myself to do it even if it does mean world wide anihalation.... you just can't compromise where Beer is concerned!! :beer:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:41 am

Cardno wrote:
Havok wrote:I keep saying it over and over... Someone take Steve a beer!!!
Sorry mate - i'm guessing Steve was a Canterbury Draught man while I was a Southern 'Speights' Man...just can't bring myself to do it even if it does mean world wide anihalation.... you just can't compromise where Beer is concerned!! :beer:
Just admit it Cardno... NZ won't let ya back in... 8)
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#21 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:46 am

Not sure I want in the way things have been going there!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#22 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 pm

There's been an explosion at one of those nuclear plants. It's not a meltdown at this point but the building that housed the reactor exploded due to the pressure built up within and an aftershock that measured around 6.4 on the scale. This doesn't look good.

Video of the explosion.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#23 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Can somebody look up this Big Moon theory? Some of the Kiwi's hear are talking about how the moon is closing in on a 18 year near pass, and they believe that the extra stress due to the extra gravitational pull of the moon is causing, more stress on the earth plates, and the Pacific Rim has the more active plates in the world. That is why the NZ and Japan quakes are happening. I will be back in about 8 hrs, and look it up if nobody hear can. Short on time.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#24 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Shardin5 wrote:Can somebody look up this Big Moon theory? Some of the Kiwi's hear are talking about how the moon is closing in on a 18 year near pass, and they believe that the extra stress due to the extra gravitational pull of the moon is causing, more stress on the earth plates, and the Pacific Rim has the more active plates in the world. That is why the NZ and Japan quakes are happening. I will be back in about 8 hrs, and look it up if nobody hear can. Short on time.
I saw something about the "moon theory" yesterday and they said it definitely was not caused by the moon.
Regards,
][avok

Logain

Post#25 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Havok wrote:Here's what I was watching when I posted last night...

Needless to say you don't want to live on the ocean front in Japan.

Tsunami 1

Tsunami 2
Not sure Virginia Beach would be a pleasant place to live if we had a large one headed our way. No way out of here without going over a bridge or through a tunnel. :shock:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#26 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Logain wrote:
Havok wrote:Here's what I was watching when I posted last night...

Needless to say you don't want to live on the ocean front in Japan.

Tsunami 1

Tsunami 2
Not sure Virginia Beach would be a pleasant place to live if we had a large one headed our way. No way out of here without going over a bridge or through a tunnel. :shock:
Sure there is. You go west. :) I agree though if we get a big hurricane we're in for a world of hurt.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#27 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Shardin5 wrote:Can somebody look up this Big Moon theory? Some of the Kiwi's hear are talking about how the moon is closing in on a 18 year near pass, and they believe that the extra stress due to the extra gravitational pull of the moon is causing, more stress on the earth plates, and the Pacific Rim has the more active plates in the world. That is why the NZ and Japan quakes are happening. I will be back in about 8 hrs, and look it up if nobody hear can. Short on time.
Here we go.

Ken Ring - formerlyseen as a crackpot is gaining more belief within NZ.

Personally I have some time for him. Scientists have always had vested interest in their own (current) beliefs.

http://www.predictweather.co.nz

Shardin5

Post#28 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Here at McMurdo, we have lots of Scientist types, and some very intersting arguements about this. The so called SuperMoon effect has both distractors and supporters. Just reading about it now myself, very interesting. Not overly compeling, but one or two more "incidents" it maybe more compelling.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#29 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Ring obviously gets some things wrong, BUT he gets A LOT right. For instance, he predicted 5 cyclones off the coast of Queensland this summer - and it's tracking about right - just need one more I think. AND he predicted that almost a year ago. The 'norm' here is between 1 - 3. I have listened to those who talk about what he gets wrong, but the point is, he is doing what few do - forecast specific weather events 12 months in advance.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”