About that Chunel

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

casebolt

About that Chunel

Post#1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:21 am

Im a little rusty on Chunel, Firecloud is going Warp ZERO but it is being towed to a Location by another ship.

Question: Does the Chunel still work going Warp Zero being towed by another ship thus capable of moveing a fleet in at the end of its tow.?

Question: If you cloak intersept Firecloud and damage it can it still chunel with damage inflicted that same turn?

:borgs:

Hawkeye

Re: About that Chunel

Post#2 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:25 am

casebolt wrote:Im a little rusty on Chunel, Firecloud is going Warp ZERO but it is being towed to a Location by another ship.

Question: Does the Chunel still work going Warp Zero being towed by another ship thus capable of moveing a fleet in at the end of its tow.?

Question: If you cloak intersept Firecloud and damage it can it still chunel with damage inflicted that same turn?

:borgs:
If I recall correctly, firecloud can only chunnel if the tower drops the tow (by running out of fuel for instance). Yes, firecloud can still chunnel when damaged.

Six_Of_One

Post#3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47 am

Not sure about a "chunel" BUT a "chunnel" goes as follows;

A pair of Fireclouds cannot execute a chunnel if any ship with fuel locks a tow beam onto it. The warp and way point setting of the ship locking the tow beam does not matter.

Minimum chunnel is 100ly
maximum chunnel is 5000ly

from memory the firecloud at the end of the chunnel does not need fuel, the one chunneling needs minimum 50kt. Both warps to "0"
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

casebolt

Post#4 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 am

Around 12-13 years ago Playing the Borg the game was stoped because I was able to move and chunel and Tim Wiseman had to be called in to check for some form of cheating. I was cleared by Tim himself and the game continued, but not without alot of complaint. So mabe it was a bugg and was fixed??? I just wanted to know :D because I have a Borg Player moveing in and it could ruin my day.

Hawkeye

Post#5 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:45 am

Chunnel happens after normal movement, so like I say if the firecloud is no longer under tow, as when the tower runs out of fuel, the chunnel can go ahead regardless of the prior movement

casebolt

Post#6 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am

Then make sure your Towing ship runs out of fuel and thus no tow at end of movement and chunnel? :D

Rimstalker

Post#7 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 am

I haven't tested this, but usually donovan's is right, and it specifically mentions the tow lock being set, not whether the firecloud is still under tow.

I'd suggest you test and report back.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Shardin5

Post#8 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Its not being towed or not being towed that shuts off Chunnel, its the towlock itself. Towlock comes very early in the HOA(
- own cargotransfers
- planetary structures built
- starbases built
- alliance codes checked
- jettison from ships
- lock towbeam)
even before the 1st cheat check.
, way before the actual act of towing and movement, and just starting off the Host order with towlock on a Firecloud will disable the Chunnel on the towlocked FireCloud. It may have been in the older days of chunnel it was being towed vs towlock, which nowadays happen at different times in the HOA

Remember though to hit those FC's anytime they stop moving as any ships that come through a chunnel have Zero shields the turn they arrive, buts time to hit them and bust them up.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Six_Of_One

Post#9 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Well spotted Shardin5,

as the Borg are my preferred race, i will keep that in mind 8)
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Boronos

Post#10 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:50 pm

casebolt wrote:Then make sure your Towing ship runs out of fuel and thus no tow at end of movement and chunnel? :D
That drop tow chunnel no longer works... Tim eliminated it in a Host update a while back & I sure miss that move.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”