Apologies to all!

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PsychoHawk

Apologies to all!

Post#1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Many apologies to all of you whom I was playing with and against last year. I had good then series of bad events transpire April of last year.

I visited Dallas for a job interview. I got the job on the spot! Yay!

I moved in with a good friend with only a single bag of clothing and my trusty jump drive with VGAP loaded onto it. Yay!

I played a few turns on my friend's laptop, no problems (yet) Yay!

Friend's laptop dies a horrible, yet random death. My "stupid old game" is to blame and I'm unable to use a computer anymore. Boo!

Work computers are run by IT permission Nazis. Boo.

The icing on the cake is the email address I used previously was tied to IGN.com, who saw fit to no longer provide email service at all. The web-mail provider for that account decided to pull the plug on the account with no warning from IGN or the provider. My Circus-Maximus, Steam, and many other accounts were tied into that email address. Today I am still finding websites and accounts tied to that address that I am painfully moving over to another address. Boo.

Now I have my own place and my own PC back, along with a new email address to send turns to. I will be looking forward to new games or maybe jump into a poor computer player spot. We'll see.

If any of you wondered, ALL of the games I ended up missing were games that ended the turn I was dropped or games that I was doing well in. Regardless, sorry to all of you that had to wait for my turn to get uploaded, then never did.

I look forward to gaming with you all soon.

Rock Head

Post#2 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:48 pm

I remember a game I was in that you were playing in the past. Glad to hear you are back. Meet you in a future game, good luck.

Rock Head
Onward into the fog--Wet Willie

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Welcome back and Good luck with the new games.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Apologies to all!

Post#4 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:50 pm

PsychoHawk wrote:Many apologies to all of you whom I was playing with and against last year. I had good then series of bad events transpire April of last year.

I visited Dallas for a job interview. I got the job on the spot! Yay!

I moved in with a good friend with only a single bag of clothing and my trusty jump drive with VGAP loaded onto it. Yay!

I played a few turns on my friend's laptop, no problems (yet) Yay!

Friend's laptop dies a horrible, yet random death. My "stupid old game" is to blame and I'm unable to use a computer anymore. Boo!

Work computers are run by IT permission Nazis. Boo.

The icing on the cake is the email address I used previously was tied to IGN.com, who saw fit to no longer provide email service at all. The web-mail provider for that account decided to pull the plug on the account with no warning from IGN or the provider. My Circus-Maximus, Steam, and many other accounts were tied into that email address. Today I am still finding websites and accounts tied to that address that I am painfully moving over to another address. Boo.

Now I have my own place and my own PC back, along with a new email address to send turns to. I will be looking forward to new games or maybe jump into a poor computer player spot. We'll see.

If any of you wondered, ALL of the games I ended up missing were games that ended the turn I was dropped or games that I was doing well in. Regardless, sorry to all of you that had to wait for my turn to get uploaded, then never did.

I look forward to gaming with you all soon.
You want a CM address?

http://www.circus-maximus.com/freeemailapp.htm
Regards,
][avok

PsychoHawk

Post#5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 am

I saw that before and wondered about it, thanks for the information. Thanks again for keeping the site alive and kicking!

Return to “Scuttlebutt”