VPA V3.64 beta 4 (new release)

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cannibal

Http://home.comcast.net/~cannibal713/animated_planets.rar

Post#16 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks for the info guys. BitMask, thats a great guide for JVC, a hellva lot better than the scant docs I found on their site. Using JVC I don't have to use my cobbeled together computer just tpo play VGAP. BTW I was bored yesterday and mapped some pretty, rotating planets for JVC. if you want em I UPed them to my server,

but it seems that I have to post five times before it allows me to post a link, but there are ways around anything....

take it easy,
Cannibal

Ha, it only checks the body of the message. So I used the subject title.. c

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Http://home.comcast.net/~cannibal713/animated_planets.ra

Post#17 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 am

Cannibal wrote:Thanks for the info guys. BitMask, thats a great guide for JVC, a hellva lot better than the scant docs I found on their site. Using JVC I don't have to use my cobbeled together computer just tpo play VGAP. BTW I was bored yesterday and mapped some pretty, rotating planets for JVC. if you want em I UPed them to my server,

but it seems that I have to post five times before it allows me to post a link, but there are ways around anything....

Http://home.comcast.net/~cannibal713/an ... lanets.rar

take it easy,
Cannibal

Ha, it only checks the body of the message. So I used the subject title.. c
JVC stopped production back in 2005 or there abouts. You can still talk to the author Lar's Dam though if you want. He's also a member of CM and his forum username is ldam.

Apologies about the 5 time post setting. That's because of spam bots. I've added your link above.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#18 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for the planet images. Very nicely done.

I think the last release was actually around 2008. That is fairly recent in VGAP terms.

James T. Plagerism

Post#19 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Of course (and I bring this up cause it's a VPA thread) -- the latest release of VPA is less than a month old :D

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:35 pm

So can VPA also handle animated GIFs?
Or resize the window?
Or use any screen resolution?
Cause this pre 2005 release can do all that :twisted:

(This being a VPA tread I was waiting for a response like yours :roll: , but perhaps we should split the thread to keep the topics pure.)

James T. Plagerism

Post#21 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm

At least new features are being added... even if I did request many of them back in 2003 ;)

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#22 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:49 pm

I cannot compete with that :)

Cannibal

Post#23 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:03 pm

No problem Havoc, spam is the bane of everyone's exsistance.

Sorry, I didnt mean to start a pissin contest about VGA clients..I tried VPA but couldnt get it to work w/ my system. I could probibly get it to work, its just that JVC just loaded up and worked like a charm and Ive been messing with it...Ive noticed a few discrepencies between the fuel consumption calculations between JVC and WinPlan, probibly something in the config. Bitmask, I took your advice from your JVC player's guide and got Play VCR, it really helps JVC's shortcommings in that area. Thanks again for the advice guys.

James T. Plagerism

Post#24 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Cannibal wrote:I tried VPA but couldnt get it to work w/ my system.
From what I've heard, VPA doesn't work well on newer Windows if you're not using DOSbox. But whatever client you feel comfortable with, run with it.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#25 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:23 pm

It's not a pissing contest, everyone has a favorite and it really can't be helped if people don't understand that VPA is the best client... :firedevil:
Regards,
][avok

streu

Post#26 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 am

Havok wrote:It's not a pissing contest, everyone has a favorite and it really can't be helped if people don't understand that VPA is the best client... :firedevil:
The best comparison I've seen so far was in a Russian newsgroup: VPA is a fast no-nonsense sports car. PCC is a comfortable limousine. None is more "right" than the other, both have its fans. Unfortunately, he had no comparison for JVC. A custom car, maybe (with plugins :-)?

--Stefan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#27 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Maybe a good tagline would be "No matter what you choose, you'll like better than DosPlan or WinPlan"...

...well unless you're Cardno.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#28 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Havok wrote: ...well unless you're Cardno.
I was about to say the same 8)

Rimstalker

Post#29 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Oi! I like my Winplan as well.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”