Source of Bovonoid Supplies, WTF?

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cannibal

Source of Bovonoid Supplies, WTF?

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while, but am stumped. Where the fuck do the extra supplies on Bovonoid planets come from. Yea, the name Bovonod seems to refer to cows. But are we accualy milking sentient space cows? Or even eating them? The population doesnt go down, so all I can come up with is milking. Did I miss some ultra important line in the docs that explains this away, or am I sending millions of my citizens across space to to milk aliens. Christ, I wouldnt want to be the first guy to start tugging on alien appendeges to find which gives out what....

c

JonnyDoH

Post#2 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 am

It's a screwed up universe, that Echo Cluster... If we ain't eating the natives (Bovinoids) then they're eating us (Amorphous).

Kinda brings to mind the book "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi. If you've never read it, I recommend it. He describes a deer-like alien race that loves to feast on humans. They take over a human colony world and set to breeding us like veal.

What's for dinner? Us. =P
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Six_Of_One

Post#3 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:39 am

One has to ask oneself........

wtf has cannibal been ingesting to even contemplate this in the first place :?: :shock: :P
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Raven2

Post#4 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am

Obviously, Bovonoids produce supplies in the form of cow-patties.
Yes, that means your LDSFs are literally hauling shit from one planet to another.
>>> Raven <<<

streu

Post#5 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Raven2 wrote:Obviously, Bovonoids produce supplies in the form of cow-patties.
Yes, that means your LDSFs are literally hauling shit from one planet to another.
Even Homo Sapiens has a method to convert cow dung into energy; it's called biogas. So I'd expect that a space-travelling civilisation has this method and many more to make use of bovinoids.

Insectoids refer to busy bees. Still they produce money, not honey. Might be a typo, but might be a really complicated, unknown to early-21st-century humans, process.

--Stefan

Cannibal

Post#6 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:03 am

Raven2 wrote:Obviously, Bovonoids produce supplies in the form of cow-patties.
Thats not too bad, there are fun times to be had in cow pastures. Imagine a whole planet of druken colonists "cow tippin'" the natives and poking through their crap for magic mushrooms. Ahh reminds me of high school.

c

ps. For those of you not in the know, Cow Tippin' is a drinking game/right of passage in Texas. It requires stealth, guts, and a great deal of intelligence (destroyed by copous amounts of drinking). Cows sleep standing like horses, and when drunk, it seems like great fun to charge them in an an atempt to knock them over. Great times. The only other drinking game I know iinvolving cows I would not suggest. The rules to "Cow Shots" is simple, drive through central Texas and take a drink for every cow you see. The driver is usualy a participant. Games are short and there are no winners in Cow Shots.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”