Resumes

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Resumes

Post#1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:41 am

Hey all

Just in the process of updating my CV / Resume. Has anyone out there got a super-stylish CV template (you know, the kind that impresses). Also any suggestions?

Cheers,

Hawk

Cardno

Re: Resumes

Post#2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 am

Hawkeye wrote:Hey all

Just in the process of updating my CV / Resume. Has anyone out there got a super-stylish CV template (you know, the kind that impresses). Also any suggestions?

Cheers,

Hawk
No idea if mine is particularly good but it seems to have got me jobs. A bit lengthy at 7 pages, but you are welcome to a look. Where do I send it.

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 am

Cool, would be good to take a look at. I'm at

richard_bushby@yahoo.com

Cheers,

H.

Cardno

Post#4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 am

On it's way...

Rimstalker

Post#5 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am

I'm not sure if it really applies to your job market, but for what it's worth:

My uncle is ultimately responsible for the hiring for Lotto for one of Germany's states and he has studied Psychology.

He was usually 100 % focused on the cover letter, which he said would be looked at for a maximum of three minutes, and in those three minutes, it had to explain to the reader what huge advantages they would have from hiring you.

The Resume itself is just a formality here in Germany, where you use a maximum of two pages to give a rundown of your education, professional career and skills.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 am

Keep it short like Rimstalker said. 3 pages or less.
Anything more and it gets a struggle to find the info you are looking for. I have a few interviews to do in July/Aug. and I hope all the applicants keep it short :?

Hawkeye

Post#7 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Cheers all. Have managed to put something together which looks quite sharp. Now if anyone knows of any helicopter jobs for a low hour pilot in Aussie...... :D

Cardno

Post#8 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Cheers all. Have managed to put something together which looks quite sharp. Now if anyone knows of any helicopter jobs for a low hour pilot in Aussie...... :D
Thinking of moving Hawkeye?

http://www.careerjet.com.au/helicopter-jobs.html

Hawkeye

Post#9 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah dude - been working working here for the same company for three and a half years. The boss said that once I made instructor they would help me out with my supervision. Well I made instructor, but no help was forthcoming. The industry is too small to kick up a stink about it, so I'm leaving them to it :D

Return to “Scuttlebutt”