Hawkeye's Guide to the Birdmen

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Post#16 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 pm

wasp wrote:In the part of laying mines in another player identity, you say to lay mines in crystal identity to increase the size of the web.

Are you sure the mines layed will be webs?
No, only the xtals can lay webmines - you would only be able to expand xtal 'normal' minefields. The guide doesnt mention being able to expand webmine fields.

Hawkeye

Post#17 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 pm

albatross wrote:
rockford wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: D) Freighter cloaks. It will still get towed and have its waypoint reset, however it won't be attacked by the tower
Hawk.
If the freighter cloaks will it still be towed text turn or will it be free of the cloak?
Unless none of the break free rules applies, the freighter will be towed as the tow lock happens before cloak. It will be cloaked though next turn.
Quite right - in fact I once towed off a cloaking ship that cloaked the same turn. This ship didnt have much fuel, so was unable to break the tow, and even though my ship was unable to see the enemy ship, because the mission didnt change, I could still tow it even though it was still cloaked. i just kept towing it until it no longer had enough fuel to cloak, that's when it got splatted by the Darkwing mwahahaha!

wasp

Post#18 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
wasp wrote:In the part of laying mines in another player identity, you say to lay mines in crystal identity to increase the size of the web.

No, only the xtals can lay webmines - you would only be able to expand xtal 'normal' minefields. The guide doesnt mention being able to expand webmine fields.
But it does mention ships getting out of fuel... humm must read it again, i guess
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Hawkeye

Post#19 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 am

wasp wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

But it does mention ships getting out of fuel... humm must read it again, i guess

What does it say exactly?

wasp

Post#20 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 am

checked the guide again and it doesn't say it will increase the field. It says you can go to the same place as the ship inside the web and wait for it to be out of fuel.

Sorry for the confusion

Ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Return to “Scuttlebutt”