Race Builder Competition Winners

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Image

Before we set off to start the next game in the UnNatural series, I would like to invite you all to come build your own race.

We are having a competition to find the top 5 races that you players can build. The winning 5 races will then be available as predefined options for any new players to use and customize if they want.

We are looking for
* originality
* themes
* good options
* fun options
* or just something that you would like to play.

If you are interested, go over to the race builder page and submit your race
You are only allowed up to 2 entries per person.

(This version is not using PHost Experience, we might have a competition for that one at a later stage)
Competition closes 29 Feb 2012

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 am

It's been tough to choose a winner as the entries was all very good.
I'll post the winners a little later on in this forum.

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 am

The winning 5 races are in order:
  • Die Kassierer by Kassengestell
  • The illuminati Empire by Achilies
  • The Rajin Cajuns by Akshamu
  • The Convulsionists by Moving Finger
  • The Bio-Mechs by Six_of_One
Congratulations on the top 5! :cylonclap: \:D/ :nlmda: =D> :alcohol: :thumbup: :bruce: :rockon:
:allhail:

Some race submissions that also deserve special mention and that just missed the top 5 are:
  • Der Untergrund by Kassengestell
  • The Ghost Realm by wasp
  • The Republican Tax Civil Service by Cardno
  • The Foundationalists by Moving Finger
  • The Psychic Shadows by Six_of_One
  • The Grifter Family by Carlos Weyland
Thank you for all who entered. I hope you will all put your race selections to the test in the next UnNatural game :D

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#4 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 am

when will this game start? and from which races could we choose ?
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#5 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:12 am

I'll create a new UnNatural game in the new few weeks after the FLAK game is created.

You can play any race or make your own. I'll just have to update the setup so that it support predefined options - it might take a while.

I'll publish the top 5 race options a little later.

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#6 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:09 pm

BitMask wrote:The winning 5 races are in order:
  • Die Kassierer by Kassengestell
  • The illuminati Empire by Achilies
  • The Rajin Cajuns by Akshamu
  • The Convulsionists by Moving Finger
  • The Bio-Mechs by Six_of_One
Congratulations on the top 5! :cylonclap: \:D/ :nlmda: =D> :alcohol: :thumbup: :bruce: :rockon:
:allhail:

Some race submissions that also deserve special mention and that just missed the top 5 are:
  • Der Untergrund by Kassengestell
  • The Ghost Realm by wasp
  • The Republican Tax Civil Service by Cardno
  • The Foundationalists by Moving Finger
  • The Psychic Shadows by Six_of_One
  • The Grifter Family by Carlos Weyland
Thank you for all who entered. I hope you will all put your race selections to the test in the next UnNatural game :D
COOL! :D
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
wasp
Posts: 424

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#7 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 pm

nicy :)
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#8 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 am

BitMask wrote:I'll create a new UnNatural game in the new few weeks after the FLAK game is created.
You can play any race or make your own. I'll just have to update the setup so that it support predefined options - it might take a while.
....
still waiting... :wink:
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#9 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 am

I have to top 5 races up as examples to use for the new UnNatural game. There are also some comments on each example to help players to choose between them.

Here they are:

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#10 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 am

how to sign in ??
and i am on vacation next two weeks - so could it be possible to begin this game not before april, the 29th ??

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#11 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 am

To get all the players and their race selections and the setup it normally take more than 2 weeks (depending on demand)
So you should be fine as long as you have a slot in the game (by joining when it is open).

You can join the game just like you normally join a game when it is open and then follow all the procedures.
http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game320.htm

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#12 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm

BitMask wrote:To get all the players and their race selections and the setup it normally take more than 2 weeks (depending on demand)
So you should be fine as long as you have a slot in the game (by joining when it is open).

You can join the game just like you normally join a game when it is open and then follow all the procedures.
http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game320.htm
Bitmask - if you don't get started on this until Unnatural 5 ends then I can join in.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#13 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:36 pm

akshamu wrote:
BitMask wrote:To get all the players and their race selections and the setup it normally take more than 2 weeks (depending on demand)
So you should be fine as long as you have a slot in the game (by joining when it is open).

You can join the game just like you normally join a game when it is open and then follow all the procedures.
http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game320.htm
Bitmask - if you don't get started on this until Unnatural 5 ends then I can join in.
Do you still have any ships to move in that game? Looks like your race are almost dead.

User avatar
akshamu
Posts: 499

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#14 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm

BitMask wrote:
akshamu wrote:
BitMask wrote:To get all the players and their race selections and the setup it normally take more than 2 weeks (depending on demand)
So you should be fine as long as you have a slot in the game (by joining when it is open).

You can join the game just like you normally join a game when it is open and then follow all the procedures.
http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game320.htm
Bitmask - if you don't get started on this until Unnatural 5 ends then I can join in.
Do you still have any ships to move in that game? Looks like your race are almost dead.
I have been waiting for someone to kill me, but yes I have a single ship and just acquired an SB back from the Ghosts
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

User avatar
wasp
Posts: 424

Re: Race Builder Competition Winners

Post#15 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

You could just stay still you know?? I don't have anti cloakers... :)
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Return to “Scuttlebutt”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron