HELP!!!

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Armendariz

HELP!!!

Post#1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

my Virtual XP PC on windows 7 charshed Hard i need an pause and some help before i can play

any input would be great

all its says is cant lauch virtial pc

Armendariz

Havok
Site Admin

Re: HELP!!!

Post#2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Armendariz wrote:my Virtual XP PC on windows 7 charshed Hard i need an pause and some help before i can play

any input would be great

all its says is cant lauch virtial pc

Armendariz
I've paused your games and emailed everyone.

Have you tried creating a new virtual machine and then attaching it to the existing .vhd file?
Regards,
][avok

Armendariz

Post#3 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 pm

i did that and got it work once but now it will not open any of them

Armendariz

or should i delete the 2 i have and make an new one

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 am

I had some problems with VPC as well. In the end I had to install the 64 bit winplan. It's not perfect but it's better than not playing at all. I think ][avok still has the link or else it's on the forum somewhere.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 am

Or use JVC or PCC II.
If you like Winplan like Gil, then I suggest you look at PCC II. It looks and feel the same, but with lots of extra stuff.

Fonz

Post#6 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am

BitMask wrote:Or use JVC or PCC II.
Just wondering, if I may (@mods: feel free to move this to a separate thread if you think that's more appropriate):

I currently use PCC 1 because it's complete enough (Tim's DOS client misses some important features) and I can run it in DOSbox on a UNIX machine. Does anyone have any experience with running PCC 2 on UNIX? According to its website it's still experimental. And would I need an emulator (e.g. Wine) or can it be run natively on e.g. FreeBSD?

Fonz

Armendariz

Post#7 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 am

ok i cant find PCC II where is it ?

Fonz

Post#8 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 am

streu

Post#9 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Fonz wrote:I currently use PCC 1 because it's complete enough (Tim's DOS client misses some important features) and I can run it in DOSbox on a UNIX machine. Does anyone have any experience with running PCC 2 on UNIX?
Sure. Actually, I programmed (and tested) most of it under Linux.
According to its website it's still experimental. And would I need an emulator (e.g. Wine) or can it be run natively on e.g. FreeBSD?
I haven't tried current versions under FreeBSD yet. But I tried various Linuxes, and some people (Ingo van Borstel, I think) tried MacOS. Ancient versions were tried under Solaris. PCC2 doesn't do fancy Unix things, so if you have a working libSDL on FreeBSD, it should work there, too. If not, patches appreciated :-)

That is, if you compile it yourself. If you insist on using binaries, you need an emulator, because I only have binaries for Win32 and Linux-x86.

I haven't found the place where it says PCC2 is experimental. It is quite stable. It's just tagged "beta" as an excuse why it is missing several features of PCC 1.x, and why some others aren't yet as solid (for example, the ship history).

--Stefan

Return to “Scuttlebutt”