Survey?

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Survey?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey folks,

I'm taking a class in project management and my team has to do a survey for our final project. I was wondering if it was kosher to post a link to the survey here. If not, no worries-- though I would really appreciate feedback from professionals around the world. Anyway, I thought I'd post a query on the forum before doing so. Don't want to offend the VGA community.

Cheers!
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Survey?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Go ahead
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#3 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 am

Honestly, I can't wait!

JonnyDoH

Post#4 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks guys! Here it is:

http://leadershipsurveycb12.questionpro.com

You have an hour to fill it out, though the actual time it takes you should only be around 14 minutes. It's project management centered; specifically focused on what leadership practices are best when managing cross functional teams (like on a game development project, you have an art team, a programming team, and a marketing team; they're all working toward the same goal but focused on separate aspects of the project).

Thanks in advance! If any of you take it let me know (survey results, of course, are anonymous). If I ever have the good fortune to meet you in real life I'll buy you a beer. Cheers!
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Rimstalker

Post#5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 pm

I started on it, but stumbled first over the strange phrase with the highly skilled somethings, and then my brain totally refused to think about it in such academic, convoluted terms.

But I'd like to share my wisdom, so I'm PMing you some intel about actual work environments.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

JonnyDoH

Post#6 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks, Rimstalker-- I appreciate that.

The only problem is that the team has to draw it's conclusions based on the survey. Still, I'm certain I'll come out ahead from your personal experience. Again, I definitely appreciate that.

Cheers!

Return to “Scuttlebutt”