][urricane Sandy

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

][urricane Sandy

Post#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey there everyone. I just wanted to send out a quick note and let you all know that CM may be in line for hurricane this weekend. Hurricane Sandy is her name. At best it's going to pass and land a little north of us. Hopefully we'll just get some wind and rain. At worst we could get a direct hit. I personally don't think that will happen but you can never really predict these devils. The big concern this time around is that the hurricane could be running into a Nor 'Easter which would be a pretty nasty mixture. So I'm posting this to let everyone know that there's a fairly strong chance that I'm going to be without power at some point between this coming Sunday & Monday.

Should that happen your turns will be safe in the cloud until I can get the Troll back online and chewing up RST's again. So no worries. Ok I'm gonna go have a beer. Have a great weekend everyone!
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Re: ][urricane Sandy

Post#2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 am

Stay safe ][avok.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#3 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 am

Just drink more - you will be fine...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Beer - Check

Rum - Check

I'm ready!
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#5 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 pm

There you go! Emergency Preparations complete!!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:48 pm

It's official. Power is out and the troll is down. I'll update as soon as I have something to report.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#7 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 pm

So not much point in me checking to see if the Fall Festival is going to get another turn in tonight....

I hope you're OK ][avok, and any of our CM community in Sandy's way. We're getting some crap weather up here which I think is the system that's supposed to meet up with Sandy to create the Frankenstorm....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Power is restored. Not sure for how long guess we'll have to wait and see. I brought the troll online and processed a batch of turns. We'll keep going as long as we can.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Yay! Thanks ][avok! I will watch my email for a Fall Festival turn!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cardno

Post#10 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 am

All the best ][avok. We are thinking of you

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 am

All is well so far. Just woke up, house is fine, no tree's down, power still on... Looks like the storm hasn't hit land yet. I may be north of us by now which would be a good thing for me. I almost wish the power would go off, then I wouldn't have to work from home. :)
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#12 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

Havok wrote:All is well so far. Just woke up, house is fine, no tree's down, power still on... Looks like the storm hasn't hit land yet. I may be north of us by now which would be a good thing for me. I almost wish the power would go off, then I wouldn't have to work from home. :)
Be careful what you wish for!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 am

Cardno wrote:
Havok wrote:All is well so far. Just woke up, house is fine, no tree's down, power still on... Looks like the storm hasn't hit land yet. I may be north of us by now which would be a good thing for me. I almost wish the power would go off, then I wouldn't have to work from home. :)
Be careful what you wish for!
I said "almost wish" :)
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am

You should have been a damn lawyer...good with the fine print there ][avok!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#15 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am

Cardno wrote:You should have been a damn lawyer...good with the fine print there ][avok!

someone would have shot me by now.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”