Error in Planetstats

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Iconoclast

Error in Planetstats

Post#1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Returning to play some games from my usual 3+ year hiatus. I always start out playing a few matches at home with spacelrd playing 6-7 races against me to brush up before getting in some online games.

I see some issues people were having with Windows 7 64 bit but followed the instructions on on Bitmask both installing winplan32 and using dosbox to run master, host, spacelrd.
Everything seemed to go well but on turn one when viewing both my planets and SBs I get this message
"error in planetstats > description is 53 file not found."

Thanks if anyone has a solution.

Cylons

Gilgamesh

Re: Error in Planetstats

Post#2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 am

When you get that sorted out, I'll ask you how you managed to set up the test game. I did it once, years ago on an old computer. It ran along fine until that computer crashed and now I don't remember how I did it. #-o

Getting old - it's a bit of a pain sometimes....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 am

Iconoclast wrote:Returning to play some games from my usual 3+ year hiatus. I always start out playing a few matches at home with spacelrd playing 6-7 races against me to brush up before getting in some online games.

I see some issues people were having with Windows 7 64 bit but followed the instructions on on Bitmask both installing winplan32 and using dosbox to run master, host, spacelrd.
Everything seemed to go well but on turn one when viewing both my planets and SBs I get this message
"error in planetstats > description is 53 file not found."

Thanks if anyone has a solution.

Cylons
Winplan 32bit is looking for the new config2.txt file to calculate the rates and stuff.
Just use the latest version V3.6.45. See change 3.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 am

Gilgamesh wrote:When you get that sorted out, I'll ask you how you managed to set up the test game. I did it once, years ago on an old computer. It ran along fine until that computer crashed and now I don't remember how I did it. #-o

Getting old - it's a bit of a pain sometimes....
You can create test games using this http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... f=2&t=4732

Iconoclast

Post#5 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks Bitmask. Worked fine.

Cylons

Iconoclast

Post#6 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 am

May have spoke too soon. Turn 48 as Borg and all ships disappeared. Turn 5 as Bots and my only starbase disappeared.
Might have something to do with Echoview, on the turn the SB disappeared Echoview would not start. Small black rectangular box pops up for a second and blanks out. Reinstalled numerous times with no luck on my win7 machine. All still works fine on my XP box at work.

Cylons

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 am

Are you using the latest Echoview 32bit beta version?

Iconoclast

Post#8 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

Version: v1.2.24b Downloaded from this site. The link for ev1224bv32.zip on the Echoview homepage has not worked for me in the last 2 weeks.
I have found it in your FTP directory here and again.... thanks. Working fine and I will need to start paying you soon for tech support.

Cylons

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Is there a non-Phost way to run sim games?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Iconoclast

Post#10 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Is there a non-Phost way to run sim games?
Speaking for myself Gilgamesh, After I run master to set the game up for each turn I run thost, play and make my turn with winplan32, run spacelord for all the other races, then thost. Rinse, repeat.
It is my way of of refreshing my memory for Fcodes, strategy, etc. Since I stop playing 3+ years at a time it is good for me to do before jumping in with the real life sharks.

Cylons

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:13 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Is there a non-Phost way to run sim games?
If you use the link I gave earlier, then there are 2 THost scenarios and 2 PHost scenarios, each set up similar than the type of games we normally use here at Circus-Maximus. No Frills for the 2 THost options and Brass Tacks and Echo Flare for the 2 PHost options.

If you are on 64bit OS, then THost and Spacelord will not work, so you are out of luck.

Iconoclast

Post#12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 am

Dosbox allows me to run Spacelord and for some reason thost runs for me in my 64bit system from the command prompt. http://www.dosbox.com/

Cylons

Iconoclast

Post#13 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 am

Well, I give up on my home test games. After turn 50+ in one game and now on turn 25 in another I get the following error for every ship in the game and after unpacking every ship is gone.

Error: Load Ship Error!!!
Load Ghosting 443 or 0
MARKER = 0
WARNING: A ship ghosting! Ship # 443 or 0
WARNING: A ship ghosting! Ship # 443 or 0

Cherek

Post#14 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:50 pm

In a game (not here) I keep getting
"Reg key error
Player is using a cracked reg.key file"

but everything is fine here at C-M or as of last night. Any ideas?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#15 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:43 pm

I have found that if you used the setup.exe for the Winplan 32 bit, that your original Reg.key is overriden.
You will have to copy it back from your original version to fix that and then only update the Winplan.exe

That might be your issue here as well?

Return to “Scuttlebutt”