Silence ????

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Re: Silence ????

Post#16 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:05 pm

BitMask wrote:I think your girl and the fact that you moved to Aussie land have made you soft.
Not even JonnyDoH think you are mean anymore. You'll have do new investment into your campaign. :twisted:
Three is nothing soft about Aussie mate - damn near everything here is trying to eat or kill you.

Not like back in good ol' New Zealand...there, everything is placid...the sheep, well they stand nice and still for you ..... ah, cough cough. Anyways, Man, are you calling my Aussie wife 'soft'?? How do you know how soft she is??? WTF!!!!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 am

Seeing that we both have crocs and sharks we can cancel those out. What is leftover there? Snakes and invading frogs.
We have lions, leopards, rino, elephant, buffalo all standing in line to trample or eat you.
Nah, Ausie land must be soft :)

Cardno

Post#18 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 am

BitMask wrote:Seeing that we both have crocs and sharks we can cancel those out. What is leftover there? Snakes and invading frogs.
We have lions, leopards, rino, elephant, buffalo all standing in line to trample or eat you.
Nah, Ausie land must be soft :)
I have a South African Mate who has lived in NZ for a while. Four years ago he came over to Brisbane for a two year stint. He reckons Aussie gave him the shits because of the high snake populations compared to Sth Africa.

FLETCH

Post#19 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:54 am

In Aus we have snakes, spiders, jelly fish, stone fish, tics, dingoes, tassie devils, drop bears... Oh, and serial killers. They prefer foreigners usually but some are willing to make exceptions.

Most of these you won't see or hear coming.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 am

None of the things on my list from SA you can swash with your foot or run away from.

Anyway, in 3 weeks time I'll be exploring Italy to see if they have anything scary there. I expect the worst will be a runaway train or a rat in the catacombs.

FireAge

Post#21 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Don't underestimate Italy!
The gelato can be a killer.
And the pizza and pasta.

Coronary disease is not to be trifled with.

But to be serious, they do have the Tiger Mosquito....

Boy do their bites itch...

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#22 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Hmm. I did not bargain having to pack insect repellant. Not sure if there will be space in my pack :-)

FireAge

Post#23 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 am

Well those are not the only thing you have to worry about!
Plus they only are found in the country-side. The city's have a different hazard alltogether.

Football hooligans!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 am

I have been warned not to wear football or logo shirts :-)

Fonz

Post#25 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

BitMask wrote:Anyway, in 3 weeks time I'll be exploring Italy to see if they have anything scary there.
There are snakes in the country-side, but most are harmless; only the viper species are (to varying degree) dangerous. In Rome, the most dangerous thing is probably the traffic :wink:

Cardno

Post#26 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Or...American Tourists? ;)

FireAge

Post#27 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Just don't mess with the carabinieri. They are not the friendliest sort. And don't try to steal one of their hats. One of my friends tried that, and after the holiday was over we could pick him up from jail for the trip back :P

Gavan

Post#28 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I was on a holiday in far north Queensland a couple of years ago. (Cairns or Port Douglas)

I took a number of photos of the signs showing what was trying to kill tourists (and if I could figure out how to upload it here I would)

My favorite part was that the sign was mostly in English but with a bit of German and Japanese. I asked one day why only these other two languages and not others. I was told it was because German and Japanese tourists were the ones that kept getting hurt as they would not listen to the guides so they hoped in their native language they might listen.

So the most dangerous things in Aus are the Tourists. :D
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Gilgamesh

Post#29 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

FireAge wrote:Well those are not the only thing you have to worry about!
Plus they only are found in the country-side. The city's have a different hazard alltogether.

Football hooligans!
Extremely dangerous to an old fart like me, but a great way to go.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#30 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 pm

By the hand or axe or knife of the wife when she finds that post Gil ? :lol:
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”