Tanascius

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Tanascius

Post#1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:50 pm

I've had a problem with CHECKTRN finding Duranium from nowhere on a planet and likewise for Moly on a ship. I have downloaded Tanascius to rectify, but not quite sure of how to use this feature of Taniscius.

Any help is much appreciated.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Tanascius

Post#2 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

What client are you using and how did you make your turn?
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#3 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:55 am

Made turn using Winplan. Got an error message re Dur from nowhere on planet, and Moly from nowhere on Ship. Re-did the turn. Happeneed again, but different planet.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 am

You can use Tanascius to undo your command at a X,Y location (It will undo all commands at that location (ships, starbase, etc.). Just use the X,Y of the planet with the problem. You cna then redo your moves there and submit it again.

Cardno

Post#5 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 am

hoping not to appear overly stuipd - but what part of Tarnascius do you do that into.

F*ck - probably failed the part 'not appearing overly stupid'........

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 am

Under the "Misc" tab, use the Undo section.

Must be the move to Ausie land that is effecting you. I think they say if you stay for 3 years the effect becomes permanent :)

Cardno

Post#7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 am

4 years. ok, so I really can't see where to default back to an 'x,y' co-ordinate for a planet.

Would appreciate some help - have spent 2 x 3 hours on this turn already! groans... #-o

Cardno

Post#8 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 am

I had trouble installing the update - would this option only be available in the update? can't see it in an option in what I have...

Wacky

Post#9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 am

I can see in this page:
http://www.tanascius.com/screenshots.phtml
Bottom picture shows the MISC tab (5th tab to the right)
And there is no undo option. Apparently not available in that version.

I use Tanascius and have the undo option. I'll mail you my version.

PS. I don't think it will help fix your problem.
My hint, download all your TRN stuff into an empty Winplan directory and play the turn from that directory.
That way you are sure it doesn't have any old file info.

Still, it is VERY handy to be able to undo things in winplan ;) (specifically starbase stuff, or when you accidentally clicked the sell-supplies button).

Wacky

Post#10 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 am

From the tanascius website (http://www.tanascius.com/download.phtml):

"If you have problems to install the full version (a .msi file) your system needs probably an upgrade of the Microsoft installer."

The 'update' is just a new .exe file, no installing, just copy it over the old one in your WINPLAN dir.

Cardno

Post#11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am

thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the update, but now have no game data. I guess I have a file path wrong - or something. At this rate I won't be sleeping tonight. #-o #-o #-o

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#12 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:54 am

Cardno wrote:I had trouble installing the update - would this option only be available in the update? can't see it in an option in what I have...
I think you might need the update.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 am

Wacky wrote: Still, it is VERY handy to be able to undo things in winplan ;) (specifically starbase stuff, or when you accidentally clicked the sell-supplies button).
I will add that to the Winplan 32bit version at some stage. It's not made it to the features list in the bug database yet. Perhaps if you really like to have it you can add it and show your support for it by following that bug.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/bugs

Cardno

Post#14 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 am

Ok, it was a filepath issue. Let's see what happens....

Cardno

Post#15 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 am

Holy Crap it worked! That's a bit of a breakthrough for a computer illiterate Horticulturist.

Thanks for the help guys!

Return to “Scuttlebutt”