High Command

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

albatross

High Command

Post#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:09 am

Hi folks,

many heard the news already, Matthias is going to shut down High Command.
I'd like to make a gift to the guy, to honor the 14 years of dedication he put into hosting games for us reckless war mongers.

Was thinking of a poster where anyone can say some words, place a picture or screen from a game he enjoyed - something like that. I shared a slide which (hopefully, never used the stuff) can be edited by everyone:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

Later I'll go to a print shop and send it to Matthias by regular mail.

Come'on guys, close the hangars and turn off the tubes for a minute to show the guy that all the work he put into High Command has been a treasure to VGAP.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: High Command

Post#2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Actually this isn't the first time he's done this. Matthias has shut his site down 2 or 3 times over the time I've been hosting VGA Planets games. He may just need a break which he has certainly earned. One thing I can say about hosting a successful VGA Planets website is that what you own definitely owns you. There are times when you feel absolutely shackled down by the demands of the site and it's players. My hat is definitely off to Matthias.

On the flip side, this is a great opportunity for new hosts to emerge and as anyone reading this knows, we could really use a few. If anyone decides they would like to setup a hosting site I'm more than happy to pass along any knowledge I've accumulated over the years.

Fair winds and following seas Matthias.
Regards,
][avok

albatross

Post#3 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Fingers crossed that he'll be back :)

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

I can't believe more people haven't signed the document.
Regards,
][avok

albatross

Post#5 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 pm

I'll keep posting now and then to uphold awareness.. until the last game at HC has finished.

albatross

Post#6 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Another short reminder.
Come'on guys, it won't hurt and will make someone who spent a non-trivial part of his life hosting games probably happy.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:28 pm

I checked them today and it looks like he's officially shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
][avok

albatross

Post#8 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Few names only.. but what the hell. Next week you'll see me running into a print shop. I think the guy deserves a rl response for all the work he did for all us space monkeys around the world.

Return to “Scuttlebutt”