Hotmail not sending to CM

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gavan

Hotmail not sending to CM

Post#1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 pm

HI Havok / Bitmask,

I am getting the following message when I try to send my turn in from Hotmail. (This started in the last couple of days)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

****@circus-maximus.com

It does not give any other info and it works fine from my other email address and I receive new turns at both locations without a problem.

Just thought you might want to know.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Hotmail not sending to CM

Post#2 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:56 pm

People still use Hotmail?

Honestly without a bounce back message there's nothing that can be done. Check you Inbox / spam & trash folder's as soon as you send a message and see if something is returned. Most likely one of their servers is being blocked somewhere along the route.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

I sent mine in from Hotmail tonight - no problems. Got the confirmation email back to prove it.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan

Post#4 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Fair enough,

Just Hotmail out to mess with me.

Thanks

p.s. See Havok other people still use Hotmail. :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:40 am

Hey Gavan if you find a bounce back or something of that nature email it to myself and Bitmask.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan

Post#6 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Hotmail is back to sending in my turns without a problem.

Not sure what happened. (Hotmail 1 Gavan 0) :?

thanks

Fonz

Post#7 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I don't know whether this helps at all, but...

Sometimes, when a bona fide domain gets abused for spamming purposes, it gets temporarily blacklisted (some blacklisters are rather zealous in their efforts) until the domain owner either fixes the technical vulnerability that made the abuse possible or kicks off the offending user, whichever may be the case. Either way, the domain in question is temporarily blacklisted.

This never happened to me with my own domain, but it did happen to me once with dropzone.com, which is (among other things) a free e-mail service for skydivers. When I reported that my mails to CM were being rejected, it was pointed out to me that occasionally they temporarily find themselves blacklisted due to an exploited security breach or a mala fide user. I would imagine this might happen to Hotmail, Yahoo and others from time to time as well, so perhaps either Hotmail entirely or at least one or some of their outgoing servers were temporarily blacklisted due to accidental abuse by spammers.

Again: this might not be the case here at all, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Sometimes it's not the domain, but the server... We've seen this recently with both Gmail and Hotmail mail servers.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”