NASA Rocket Explosion

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Logain

NASA Rocket Explosion

Post#1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Well... Last night I decided to get my 4 year-old Grandson excited about rockets because they were going to launch the Antares rocket from Wallops Island, Virginia right before sunset. 45 minutes before launch some idiot drove his boat into the safety zone and they had to scrub the launch.

They tried again tonight so we went out into the front yard to watch the rocket streak across the eastern sky. We were watching the launch on the iPad and got to watch the beast get a quarter mile down range and explode in a spectacular fashion. 4 year-old is now addicted to rocket explosions on the iPad.

Some idiot in a boat probably just cost the government a couple hundred million bucks! #-o

Havok
Site Admin

Re: NASA Rocket Explosion

Post#2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:53 pm

It wasn't an idiot in a boat. That was last night...
Regards,
][avok

Logain

Post#3 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:57 pm

I understand that... That's why they had to defuel the rocket and restart the checklists.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Its a shame... At least it was an unmanned rocket and no one was hurt.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:07 pm

For those that missed it, here it is.
Regards,
][avok

casebolt

Post#6 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm

About that Rocket:
The name Antares is quickly decoded into 2 names Satan and Satern/Saturn. If we look back on Rocketry Von Bron was a ardent Nazi (cult of Saturn/Satan) who ended up in the USA after WW-II. Von Bron Named the Moonshot Rocket Saturn V, (V-1 and V-2) were WWII Rockets in Nazi Germany designed by Von Bron used against Allied forces. After the War he was brought to the USA under Project Paperclip with Davis and NASA (NAZI) was formed and they continued there Rocketry work. Apollo, Mercury,Posidion are also tied to Satan and Saturn and end up in Rocketry mission names. So the Name is more than meets the eye when it comes to Rocketry. :D

Logain

Post#7 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Dang it Casebolt... I thought I was a conspiracy theorist! That one makes my tin foil hat feel too tight... [-X

casebolt

Post#8 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:39 pm

LOL, And I did want to talk about the VI-Kings/Vikings but perhaps I should loosen my Hat.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 am

BTW the Antare's has Russian engines... Didn't know that until this morning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antares_(rocket)
Regards,
][avok

Klauser

Post#10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Russian rocket engines. I read that on-line yesterday as well. I thought they were using the designs based off the Russian engines. One article said they were using refurbished/repaired engines.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 am

You get what you pay for... :)
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”