Spamalot

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Spamalot

Post#1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Looks like we've picked up a couple of spamming idiots over the last few days... :bang:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Aleortu

Re: Spamalot

Post#2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 pm

RafaelCup has been banned.
I cant't believe he took the time to make such a spammer post including images...
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 pm

It absolutely astounds me that people are so stupid that they think this will actually work - that anyone here is dumb enough to follow the link and/or buy what they're selling.

Waste of time for everyone....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Aleortu

Post#4 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

The same happens in Yahoo-Groups. A troll joins and sends a spam message to the group. It's funny to see abandoned groups where all the posters are spammers.

I am member of one dedicated to a tennis player who has already retired from activity. Also I joined a VGA Planets groups a few months ago and same story: if you get a message from there it is spam. :(
Ale Ortu

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:54 am

It's important to update the forum software when a new version is released. Please let me know of any spambot accounts and we'll take action immediately.
Regards,
][avok

Aleortu

Post#6 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:54 am

I can't believe those koreans or something, they opened many threads and they response each other, spamming about something we don't understand, nor the google translator.
PAMELALOW
RAMONAJES
Ale Ortu

streu

Post#7 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 pm

I find it most amusing that although "my" host has fewer than 100 user accounts, many of them inactive, and a totally nonstandard forum software, spammers still make the effort to create an account and cut&paste their illegible messages.

Well, it made me add a shadowban feature to my software...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:58 am

Most of it is bots and just requires some daily vigilance.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”