PHOST

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Angel

PHOST

Post#1 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi

Angel here, I am in a phost game and am having difficulties viewing my vcr's, ive downloaded pvcr and echo view wich were suggested to me but having problems setting them up PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry: :?
To boldly go where no man (woman,person, that Political correctness stuff) has gone before.

Shardin5

Re: PHOST

Post#2 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:28 am

Angel wrote:Hi

Angel here, I am in a phost game and am having difficulties viewing my vcr's, ive downloaded pvcr and echo view wich were suggested to me but having problems setting them up PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry: :?
What exactly are you having problems with? What is the error, or what is not happening?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Angel

Post#3 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Well when i try to run the pvcr it tells me (ERROR: unable to open './vcrinit.tmp' for reading press any key) so i did then it tells me (ERROR: could not run planets.exe: no such file) do you have any ideas as i do not. :?
To boldly go where no man (woman,person, that Political correctness stuff) has gone before.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Hi Angel

May I suggest another VCR player that works great for THost and PHost [V2 -> V4] and have great graphics and sound.
It's called PlayVCR by Stefan Reuther - you can get it here: http://phost.de/~stefan/cc2/PlayVCR.exe (1356k)

It even has an integration into Winplan

Install it in your Winplan folder.

PS. The PVCR error sounds like it is looking for the DOS planets.exe file and you are using Winplan? - Use PlayVCR instead.

PPS. Maybe Havoc can move this post to the PHost section - Not FHost ?

Angel

Post#5 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi Louisvdw

Thanks for the info i will try it.

It would be good if Havoc could do that, I realised it was in the wrong one after I posted, I thought I had pressed on the PHOST link. :oops: :lol:

Thanks again.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:22 pm

Angel wrote:Hi Louisvdw

Thanks for the info i will try it.

It would be good if Havoc could do that, I realised it was in the wrong one after I posted, I thought I had pressed on the PHOST link. :oops: :lol:

Thanks again.
It was moved before you replied Angel :)

][avok

Angel

Post#7 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:53 pm

thanks Havok and thanks to Louisvdw for the info, it worked, i can now view my vcr's. :D

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:06 am

Angel wrote:thanks Havok and thanks to Louisvdw for the info, it worked, i can now view my vcr's. :D
Anytime & Thank you as well Louisvdw :)
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#9 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:16 am

Anytime :lol: I enjoy my battles so much with PlayVCR, I just had to share it :wink:

Shardin5

Post#10 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:46 pm

That is the best viewer out there.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:39 pm

I have to agree :!:

Angel

Post#12 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 pm

I have to agree aswell, my husband used it lastnite, he had 10 VCR's and they were great to view, I only had one(early days yet) and it was a short one.

Thanks guys.

lord vinny

Post#13 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:49 am

Louisvdw wrote:Hi Angel

May I suggest another VCR player that works great for THost and PHost [V2 -> V4] and have great graphics and sound.
It's called PlayVCR by Stefan Reuther - you can get it here: http://phost.de/~stefan/cc2/PlayVCR.exe (1356k)

It even has an integration into Winplan

Install it in your Winplan folder.
Hi everyone,
I read all these posts when i joined a phost game reciently...i also downloaded and installed this vcr and i do think it looks alot better then the old one.. :)
...One problem though...it dosnt appear to be able to do simulations :shock: ...and it completly takes over for the old one so i cant switch back to it to do them for me!! :cry:

...so...am i missing something? Is there anyway to use both vcr's at the same time(switch back and forth when needed)...or does playvcr have a new version/add-on/etc. that i can do sims on?? Any help will be appreciated!!
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#14 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:27 pm

You have two options.

1) don't integrate PVCR with Winplan. This way you view your VCRs outside Winplan (IE. You go and run PlayVCR.exe after every unpack where a battle was faught) and you can use the internal VCR as a simulator. (There was a backup made of you winplan.exe (Winplano.exe) that you just have to run or rename to winplan.exe) This one has one major issue. Your simulators will be based on Tim's Host and not PHost and it will not give you good PHost results.

2) You can use another simulator. This might be the better option if you need good simulations for PHost.

B A N E

Post#15 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:19 pm

BSim2.2 or later IIRC, does sim PVCR/PHost combat.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Intel”