Early Agression

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

hennef

Post#16 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
FLETCH wrote:These are just my "mental" ramblings. I have only played about 5 of the races so far and wanted to promote discussion. It has done that, thanks guys. :)
Feel free to ramble on. It's nice to have something to talk about.
true!

:)
have fun!

hennef

hennef

Post#17 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:44 pm

i would also agree on the lizards to be the best rushers in the game.

the fascists are brutal on impact too. but they lack the fast mineral-output of the greens and lizzies can bring in more deadlier clans faster.

as to defending you HW with one carrier against an early liz-attack: the lcc is already there, just waiting to tow that thing away ;)

what you can do with robots and crystals is to stall your enemies economy early by dropping some mines/webs.....

and i agree, that building 2 rushes and tow them in with tranqs is not a very fast aproach and damaged rushes suck badly against bases and other carriers....

enough now. mor later - maybe :P
have fun!

hennef

Death's Head

Post#18 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:08 pm

Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here as well. I have to agree that the Lizzies by far are the best race for anyone to use in this scenario, but I would have to say that just about any race will work IF you are AGRESSIVE. That is the key and many players just don't do that. They will bring out the usual support ships and try and build that economy as quickly as possible which leaves most open to an agressve players attack.

I personally try and mix my ships coming out of stardock and taylor my ships to who I see to be my neighbors, and who I decide of those neighbors will get to feel the wrath of Death (hopefully). :twisted: Many times this has worked for me, with a weak and unprepared or unsuspecting neighbor getting caught with their pants down.

It has been mentioned here that the taking down of the HW starbase is the key, but I have to disagree. I think it is more fun to trash the support ships and planets that feed that base, then attack the victim's SB after it is weakened due to no minerals, money and supplies flowing in.

As of late, I have become quite impressed with the Bird race. I have neglected them in the many years of game play since I had a bad experience with them early in my VGAP gaming days and never played them since. Now however I find them to be a fun and sneaky race with very powerful cloaked attack ships that can do some serious damage to those support planets and ships mentioned earlier. I'm still a bit green to playing them, but find them fun and am enjoying the game a bit more these days.

Well, guess I rambled on enough myself. I'll leave by saying that a Bird in the hand probably means there are two more in the bush.... :evil:
Death's Head (Your Worst Nightmare)

hennef

Post#19 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:44 am

Death's Head wrote:Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here as well. I have to agree that the Lizzies by far are the best race for anyone to use in this scenario, but I would have to say that just about any race will work IF you are AGRESSIVE. That is the key and many players just don't do that. They will bring out the usual support ships and try and build that economy as quickly as possible which leaves most open to an agressve players attack.

I personally try and mix my ships coming out of stardock and taylor my ships to who I see to be my neighbors, and who I decide of those neighbors will get to feel the wrath of Death (hopefully). :twisted: Many times this has worked for me, with a weak and unprepared or unsuspecting neighbor getting caught with their pants down.

It has been mentioned here that the taking down of the HW starbase is the key, but I have to disagree. I think it is more fun to trash the support ships and planets that feed that base, then attack the victim's SB after it is weakened due to no minerals, money and supplies flowing in.

As of late, I have become quite impressed with the Bird race. I have neglected them in the many years of game play since I had a bad experience with them early in my VGAP gaming days and never played them since. Now however I find them to be a fun and sneaky race with very powerful cloaked attack ships that can do some serious damage to those support planets and ships mentioned earlier. I'm still a bit green to playing them, but find them fun and am enjoying the game a bit more these days.

Well, guess I rambled on enough myself. I'll leave by saying that a Bird in the hand probably means there are two more in the bush.... :evil:
agreed! :D

especially on the economy-first, then HW thing ;)
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#20 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:10 am

OK so it is seems the Lizards are considered the best at this sort of flash attacking very early. What would be considered the best way to counter this if you discover they are your neighbor or at least what could you do to be prepared so early on?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Death's Head

Post#21 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am

Seems you really have two options there Fletch. The first and best would be to open diplomatic talks immediately and get a border agreement and non agression pact as a minimum, if not an alliance.

Should that fail, you better be laying down minefields, lots and lots of little fields covering those support planets that you are trying to get established. Also push planet defences to max that you can afford and drop lots of clans on any important planets that you hold.

A good lizard player will be sending LCCs loaded with clans into your territory and ground attacking your planets. In my opinion LCCs full of clans are more deadly than REXes, but that is my opinion. And of course we are talking an early assault here, so most likely it will be LCCs you see coming at you. (Or I should say, DON'T See Coming at You) :shock:
Last edited by Death's Head on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death's Head (Your Worst Nightmare)

hennef

Post#22 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:40 am

never take the privs ....

they suck quadrillion times against lizards :P

i reccon the the fascists could argue with the lizzies. they are the only ones able to decloak the lccs, but on a high cost in an early game!

and they would withstand the ground-attacks much longer. but the lizard on the other hand would probably not choose the fascists as his first victim ;)

the crystal has the best chance to stop the lizard as he would stop any other invader as well. lcc are no good sweeper and the Ts need their time. so no way to get that thing done unless you already managed to get half a dozen fully loaded lccs in before the crystal recognizes your moves.....
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#23 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:27 pm

FLETCH wrote:OK so it is seems the Lizards are considered the best at this sort of flash attacking very early. What would be considered the best way to counter this if you discover they are your neighbor or at least what could you do to be prepared so early on?
In your case, put your tail between your legs and run :)
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#24 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:30 pm

Death's Head wrote:A good lizard player will be sending LCCs loaded with clans into your territory and ground attacking your planets. In my opinion LCCs full of clans are more deadly than REXes, but that is my opinion. And of course we are talking an early assult here, so most likely it will be LCCs you see coming at you. :shock:
I agree with you here. It's can be absolutely devastating hit on another race to do this. And it doesn't matter if it's early, middle or late in the game. It's especially bad when those Lizards hit a planet with a starbase and take the whole damn thing over. :twisted:
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#25 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:18 pm

Havok wrote:
Death's Head wrote:A good lizard player will be sending LCCs loaded with clans into your territory and ground attacking your planets. In my opinion LCCs full of clans are more deadly than REXes, but that is my opinion. And of course we are talking an early assult here, so most likely it will be LCCs you see coming at you. :shock:
I agree with you here. It's can be absolutely devastating hit on another race to do this. And it doesn't matter if it's early, middle or late in the game. It's especially bad when those Lizards hit a planet with a starbase and take the whole damn thing over. :twisted:
TRUE!
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#26 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:30 pm

][avok wrote:
In your case, put your tail between your legs and run
If I didn't know any better i'd think you were trying to provoke me for some reason........ :twisted: :)
FLETCH

Havok
Site Admin

Post#27 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:46 pm

FLETCH wrote:][avok wrote:
If I didn't know any better i'd think you were trying to provoke me for some reason........ :twisted: :)
Whaa.? Me? Provoke someone? Naaaah... Not me...
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#28 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:52 pm

Havok wrote:
FLETCH wrote:][avok wrote:
Whaa.? Me? Provoke someone? Naaaah... Not me...
Why can't people just call me the Ruler of the Echo Cluster and then everyone can then live in peace. :roll:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

FLETCH

Post#29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:50 am

You wouldn't want us to lie would you???
FLETCH

hennef

Post#30 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:51 am

cherek the shreck. eheheh.... LOL

:P
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Intel”