Order of Importance

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Order of Importance

Post#1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am

Ok here's another topic to discuss.

What would be considered of most importance i) a strong economy or ii) a strong defence force?

I realise that you can't have a large fleet without being able to pay for it but how much priority do you give to each and at what stage of the game?
Do you colonise as many planets as you can to broaden your area and access to more resources, or do you colonise a limited number of planets and fortify until they are all thriving?

Hopefully we will get some varied answers as there are obviously lots of different styles of play.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

hennef

Post#2 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:33 am

you can never win a game with a good defence!

i will go for economy.... question is: would it be better to go for a strong offence instead of a good economy?
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#3 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:46 am

By defence force I meant battle force in general, poor choice of words perhaps.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Order of Importance

Post#4 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:25 pm

FLETCH wrote:Ok here's another topic to discuss.

What would be considered of most importance i) a strong economy or ii) a strong defence force?

I realise that you can't have a large fleet without being able to pay for it but how much priority do you give to each and at what stage of the game?
Do you colonise as many planets as you can to broaden your area and access to more resources, or do you colonise a limited number of planets and fortify until they are all thriving?

Hopefully we will get some varied answers as there are obviously lots of different styles of play.
It's a real balancing act. As they say, "The best offense is a good defense". But that alone isn't enough. You have to use logistics. It's almost half of the game. If you don't have good supply routes, you're done. And that doesn't count diplomacy and everything else you have to do in this game. Like getting your turns in on time. :wink:
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#5 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:16 pm

isn´t´it "the best defence is a godd offence" ? :P
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:49 pm

hennef wrote:isn´t´it "the best defence is a godd offence" ? :P
I think you're right. Not enough sleep. :shock:
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#7 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Havok wrote:
hennef wrote:isn´t´it "the best defence is a godd offence" ? :P
I think you're right. Not enough sleep. :shock:
ahh, the common sleep-problem .... far too familiar with it ;)
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Intel”