Reduced fighter costs

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Tei

Reduced fighter costs

Post#1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:20 am

I'm trying to rapidly build some fighters at a starbase but the the fighter cost seems to be 100mcs instead of the 20mcs listed in the settings.

I thought I remember reading about a friendly code that would load a base with fighters at the reduced cost but can't find it now in the docs. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm also noticing that on some planets no fighters get built with the AFC code. Others are working fine. Seems like these planets have been recently taken over and don't have many colonists.

Tei

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Reduced fighter costs

Post#2 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:07 am

Tei wrote:I'm trying to rapidly build some fighters at a starbase but the the fighter cost seems to be 100mcs instead of the 20mcs listed in the settings.

I thought I remember reading about a friendly code that would load a base with fighters at the reduced cost but can't find it now in the docs. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm also noticing that on some planets no fighters get built with the AFC code. Others are working fine. Seems like these planets have been recently taken over and don't have many colonists.

Tei
Tei,

You have to use the FHOST friendly code AFC if you want to take advantage of the cheap fighters in FHOST. For AFC to work, you have to have the right combination of Tri, Moly and Supplies.

The standard starbase command doesn't change.
Regards,
][avok

Tei

Post#3 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:41 pm

I've been using AFC and its mostly been successful.

It the forum section "FHOST settings for Apoc", page 2/3, there is a section titled "Fighter Costs in MC" Do I also have to have the MC present at the planet in additon to minerals and supplies? If so that would explain everything about why over some planets I build "free fighters" and others I don't. The Borg haven't left me many MC by the time I take over their planets.

Tei

Return to “Intel”