shipmass or hullmass?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

hennef

shipmass or hullmass?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 am

can anyone tell me when exactly the ships hullmass only and when the ships mass (including weapons and cargo) is used in the game. there is some confusion in hte manual (donavan´s) i use. minehit-damage is only calculated with hullmass, right?
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Re: shipmass or hullmass?

Post#2 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:12 am

hennef wrote:can anyone tell me when exactly the ships hullmass only and when the ships mass (including weapons and cargo) is used in the game. there is some confusion in hte manual (donavan´s) i use. minehit-damage is only calculated with hullmass, right?
Yes, minehit damage is calculated with the hullmass. An example for the mass including cargo would be for damage caused by ion storms.

But AFAIK you only get pbps for the hullmass. Best example is the Gorbie... you have a hullmass of 980kt and it's easy to get 1000 or more if you use at least tech2 beams or better. But you still get 10 instead of 11 pbps for every killed Gorbie.

Another good example is the MBR... no matter what equipment that ship has... it gets always blown up by the first minehit. I always love to read that "XXX has struck a mine - 110% damage" message... of course I almost never play the pirates ;)

I hope that helped... if not I'll try again. The first three questions are for free 8)
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

strohhut

Re: shipmass or hullmass?

Post#3 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:44 pm

hennef wrote:can anyone tell me when exactly the ships hullmass only and when the ships mass (including weapons and cargo) is used in the game. there is some confusion in hte manual (donavan´s) i use. minehit-damage is only calculated with hullmass, right?
cloak fuel burn is also calculated with the hullmass.

lcc 160kt = 8kt per turn

hennef

Post#4 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:01 pm

thx so far. that was exactly what i wanted to hear.... in fact that is not what i wanted to hear, but what i had in mind ;)

the mbr .... yes that is the best example. heheh

but i thought you always burn 5kt fuel while cloaking?

and battlemass is calculatet with cargo too? so i can easily make myself a real battletitan emerald?
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#5 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:04 am

hennef wrote:thx so far. that was exactly what i wanted to hear.... in fact that is not what i wanted to hear, but what i had in mind ;)

the mbr .... yes that is the best example. heheh

but i thought you always burn 5kt fuel while cloaking?

and battlemass is calculatet with cargo too? so i can easily make myself a real battletitan emerald?
Ehm... sorry but that won't work :)
For battles only the hullmass is important

read Master at arms what you can find here
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/info/master.htm

in chapter two the thing you need is explained... including formulas

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Return to “Intel”