Upgrading

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Upgrading

Post#1 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:22 pm

I recently had some problems with my computer and lost all my VGAP stuff. :cry:

I have managed to get most reloaded from various places, and I have now got back-ups :wink:

I have two questions:

1) The copy of Winplan that I have is old. Is there a way for me to upgrade/update my version without having to buy another copy?

2) Has anyone got some up to date bmp's that they could send me to upgrade mine from the extremely pixelated and archaic ones I currently have? ( I have downloaded the ones available from this site but they don't cover all needed ).

Any help is appreciated.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

AngryJohnny

Post#2 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:58 am

You can install winplan from the copy you have & then you can to go Tim's site & download the latest patches for WinPlan & the latest host versions. (that's what I did)

http://www.vgaplanets.com/fixes.htm

I have plenty of new *.bmp's for WinPlan - I spent many, many hours collecting, resizing, etc . Let me know if you want me to send them. It's a complete set - new planet images, ship images, in game message images, etc. (don't have any for the addons though)
Last edited by AngryJohnny on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

Cherek

Re: Upgrading

Post#3 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:32 am

FLETCH wrote:2) Has anyone got some up to date bmp's that they could send me to upgrade mine from the extremely pixelated and archaic ones I currently have? ( I have downloaded the ones available from this site but they don't cover all needed ).

Any help is appreciated.
If you don't mind resizing the .BMPs, you can checkout these pictures. Like I said, you'll have to resize and rename them to make them work in WinPlan.

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sinner

Post#4 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:24 am

Hi All

I was just reading this post and was just curious I am running WINPLAN 3.52.022.

I went to the site you Mentioned Angry Johnny (thanx for that BTW)and was just curios if i download the version 32246 does that include the fixes in the other updates?

If i do download will it afdfect any of my games that i am currently running on my version 3.52.022 or is my current version later than the ones mentioned below.

I only brought my copy of WINPLAN March/April 2005

FTP: hst32246.zip HOST 3.22.046 and nothing else.

FTP: hst32227.zip HOST 3.22.027 and nothing else.

or am i only required to download the WINPLAN 3.52.025

Regards Sinner
Up here in space, I'm looking down on you
My Lasers trace, Everything you do
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

Cherek

Post#5 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:39 am

Sinner wrote:Hi All

I was just reading this post and was just curious I am running WINPLAN 3.52.022.

I went to the site you Mentioned Angry Johnny (thanx for that BTW)and was just curios if i download the version 32246 does that include the fixes in the other updates?

If i do download will it afdfect any of my games that i am currently running on my version 3.52.022 or is my current version later than the ones mentioned below.

Regards Sinner
I would upgrade WinPlan to 3.52.025. If you host any games, upgrade Host to 3.22.047 not .046.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

AngryJohnny

Post#6 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:39 am

Regards Sinner
If you download the latest update for WinPlan (3.52.025) it will include all of the fixes from the previous releases. Updating to the latest version will only affect your current games as far as the bug fixes or enhancements that you may now have access to. Unless your using HOST.exe to run any games (good for testing) you wont need to download the HOST update.

Fletch - you're images are on the way - it's a 6mb *.rar file. I copied the images I currently use in my BMP directory into the main folder & those are already named with the vpl*.bmp so if you like those just overwrite your current BMP folder. I also have a subfolder in the *.rar file that has various other images for each race & starbases that are already re-sized & saved as BMP's - if you like any of those better, all you have to do is rename them with the corrosponding vpl*.bmp. Enjoy!
Last edited by AngryJohnny on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Angry Johnny

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:42 am

Regards Sinner
You'll definitely want to up the host to 3.22.47. There's a nasty bug in the .046 one.

You can find it on the dowload pages or the FTP area here.
Regards,
][avok

Sinner

Post#8 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:37 am

Hi All

Thanx for the replys.

My next question is if i upgrade to 3.52.025 when host runs my games next is there any chance of the "TIM CONTINUUM" hitting me :?:

Regards Sinner
Up here in space, I'm looking down on you
My Lasers trace, Everything you do
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

FLETCH

Post#9 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:02 am

Thankyou very much GenerousJohnny

The bmp's are great! :D

Maybe you could send them to ][avok and he can post them in the downloads section. They are a more comprehensive selection then is currently there.

I'm not sure how Klauser would react to using pics of the Ferengi to represent the Privateers but I can see the funny side. :wink:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

AngryJohnny

Post#10 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:11 am

FLETCH wrote:Thankyou very much GenerousJohnny

The bmp's are great! :D

Maybe you could send them to ][avok and he can post them in the downloads section. They are a more comprehensive selection then is currently there.

I'm not sure how Klauser would react to using pics of the Ferengi to represent the Privateers but I can see the funny side. :wink:
I'm glad you like them! If ][avok wants to look at them & post them, I'd be happy to send him a copy of the file.

I have more fed images, just haven't coverted them all to *.bmp yet.

I think the Ferengi fit pretty well for the pirates - that & I couldn't really find any images that I thought were any good for them other than ferengi. LOL.

-- Angry Johnny

Return to “Intel”