After reviewing the whole list of changes there is only 5 additional functions/abilities and ten bugs fixed. Two of the functions require the client software to be updated since none of the existing clients currently support them.
1. The alX and naX friendly codes now also work on refinery ships and can be used to limit the minerals consumed.
2. PHost now includes the often-requested ability to change the cost of starbases and fighters (StarbaseCost, BaseFighterCost, ShipFighterCost, FreeFighterCost). The first two of these options need updated clients to handle the changed costs. Currently, no such client exists, but we hope that such clients will now be made. To avoid that hosts accidentally configure unplayable games, there's the new AllowIncompatibleConfiguration meta-option.
3. Likewise, there is now also an option that allows you to raise or lower the number of fighters allowed on starbases (MaximumFightersOnBase). Raising this value needs updated clients as well.
4. You can now set the UnitsPerWebRate different from the standard UnitsPerTorpRate.
5. Planets can receive additional experience for good government (EPPlanetGovernment). Planets can receive additional torpedoes due to experience (EModPlanetaryTorpsPerTube).
The line below is true.
The line above is false.