How to use Echoview guide

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

How to use Echoview guide

Post#1 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:32 am

I'm busy writing a guide on all that Echoview can do for a Planets player. Some of you have seen it already (It has not changed much) and had some comments.

I though I would post the link here so that the rest can also have a look. Let me know if you have any additions, fixes, etc.

You can find it here: http://vgap.innernet.co.za/how_to_use_echoview.htm

Hope this guide can help some new (and not so new) Echoview users. :)

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Re: How to use Echoview guide

Post#2 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:46 am

Louisvdw wrote:I'm busy writing a guide on all that Echoview can do for a Planets player. Some of you have seen it already (It has not changed much) and had some comments.

I though I would post the link here so that the rest can also have a look. Let me know if you have any additions, fixes, etc.

You can find it here: http://vgap.innernet.co.za/how_to_use_echoview.htm

Hope this guide can help some new (and not so new) Echoview users. :)
It really is a good guide thanks again Louis!

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#3 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:27 am

Thanks Cardno. I'm glad you find it usefull.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#4 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:25 pm

Does anyone (beside myself) use EchoView and plays in more the than five games at a time, get bothered by having to load the sixth game instead of selecting it from the dropdown menu? I just received another fix (the first one didn't work correctly) from Stefan Glasauer. This is not an official release from Stefan but he did say that I could distribute out. Email me (cherek_us@yahoo.com) and I'll send it to you with instructions.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#5 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:43 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Does anyone (beside myself) use EchoView and plays in more the than five games at a time, get bothered by having to load the sixth game instead of selecting it from the dropdown menu? I just received another fix (the first one didn't work correctly) from Stefan Glasauer. This is not an official release from Stefan but he did say that I could distribute out. Email me (cherek_us@yahoo.com) and I'll send it to you with instructions.
Or you could create some doc's and zip it up... I'll put it on the downloads page.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#6 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Does anyone (beside myself) use EchoView and plays in more the than five games at a time, get bothered by having to load the sixth game instead of selecting it from the dropdown menu? I just received another fix (the first one didn't work correctly) from Stefan Glasauer. This is not an official release from Stefan but he did say that I could distribute out. Email me (cherek_us@yahoo.com) and I'll send it to you with instructions.
Or you could create some doc's and zip it up... I'll put it on the downloads page.
That sounds like work. :roll: I'll have it to you in a few minutes, I'm already working on the instructions. :wink:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#7 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:03 pm

You have it, now.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#8 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:You have it, now.
I'll post it after work. Thanks.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Catman
Posts: 272
Contact:

Post#9 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:You have it, now.
I'll post it after work. Thanks.
All work and no play will make Havok a dull boy! It's Sunday for Pete's sake!

Anyways, glad someone posted or I'd never have seen this topic. I didn't know Echoview could be used for so much. Great stuff on the guide! I'm looking forward to the post in the downloads as well.

On a side note...Havok - is it possible on the Homepage to make the list of most updated topics longer...you know, the list on the right side. Maybe say, the last 10 posts?
I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
-Groucho Marx

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#10 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:35 pm

Remember, this is only a patch, not the whole program.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#11 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Catman wrote:
Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:You have it, now.
I'll post it after work. Thanks.
All work and no play will make Havok a dull boy! It's Sunday for Pete's sake!

Anyways, glad someone posted or I'd never have seen this topic. I didn't know Echoview could be used for so much. Great stuff on the guide! I'm looking forward to the post in the downloads as well.

On a side note...Havok - is it possible on the Homepage to make the list of most updated topics longer...you know, the list on the right side. Maybe say, the last 10 posts?
I never stop working. Never, ever, never...
Except when I take trips to PA.... :hatepc: :beer:

As for the topic's listing. I'd like some further input on that. What does everyone else think? More topics in the sidebar?
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
ripjack
Posts: 133

Post#12 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Yes, a few more topics would be nice. Sometimes I think they scroll off too fast. It's a minor thing - I wouldn't invest much time in it if I was you.
Batman: "Experience teaches slowly, Robin. And at a cost of many mistakes."

User avatar
lord vinny
Posts: 316
Contact:

Post#13 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:29 pm

to be honest...the forums topics and the new news in the center are all i look at..if i see something interesting then ill stay awhile longer and browse those topics...
so yea..id say last ten posts would be a good thing :thumbup:
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#14 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:37 pm

lord vinny wrote:to be honest...the forums topics and the new news in the center are all i look at..if i see something interesting then ill stay awhile longer and browse those topics...
so yea..id say last ten posts would be a good thing :thumbup:

I agree, i wouldn't go more than 10 posts. Since i'm in a completly different timezone apart from the Aussies, you guys don't want to wake up to find 10 posts from Cardno.

yeah, yeah - i don't need the post confirmations on that ok guys!!

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#15 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 pm

I log onto the website homepage, click the "forums" link on the left then click "view posts since last visit". This makes sure I don't miss any that might not be showing on the homepage.

And in Cardno's case, that might be heaps :eviltoungue:
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Return to “Intel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron