*.BMP Question

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

AngryJohnny

Post#16 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:29 am

OK, so far I have uncovered that the other icon images appear to be in the GSWDLL.dll file. I have also found that this is a NE *.DLL (or 16bit) - so far the only *.dll editors I have been able to find only allow you to edit/view PE *.dll (32bit) files. I e-mailed Donovan & asked him how he orignally edited the wpvrc.dll file to create new VCR images - hopefully his E-Mail is still good & he'll be kind enough to share his knowledge.

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

AngryJohnny

*.bmp collection is finished.

Post#17 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:23 pm

I have finished my collection of replacement *.bmp files for WinPlan, & they are ready for distrobution.

][avok,

I tried to send the images too you so you could review them & decide if you wanted to post them or not, but the file was too big. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to FTP the file to you so you can review it for concideration in your download archives?

-- Angry Johnny

warpedboard

Post#18 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:45 pm

AngryJohnny wrote: I know that the VGAP Icons in the *.dll can be edited, I just don't know how to do it. I have a *.dll file that has some replacement icons for the Icons & the starbases if you like I can send it to you.

If anyone does know how to edit the icons in the *.dll file, please, please share your knowledge. I'm looking to edit the icons used in the game for the buttons. Thanks!
If you could pass along that dll (PM me), I'll take a look at it when I get a chance... I banged my head against the wall trying to figure out how to change those graphics w/ my last scenario, so maybe comparing what you have to the "base" dll might help.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: *.bmp collection is finished.

Post#19 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:08 pm

AngryJohnny wrote:I have finished my collection of replacement *.bmp files for WinPlan, & they are ready for distrobution.

][avok,

I tried to send the images too you so you could review them & decide if you wanted to post them or not, but the file was too big. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to FTP the file to you so you can review it for concideration in your download archives?
Which address did you send them to? Trying using the Maximusfeedback one. I can get up to a 20 meg file attachment there.
Regards,
][avok

AngryJohnny

Post#20 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Havok wrote:
AngryJohnny wrote:I have finished my collection of replacement *.bmp files for WinPlan, & they are ready for distrobution.

][avok,

Which address did you send them to? Trying using the Maximusfeedback one. I can get up to a 20 meg file attachment there.

I'll try resending it. It was my E-mail provideder that wouldn't send the file. The collection is 14.0MB. I'm going to have to break them down into smaller *.zip files. I need to figure out how big of a file I can send using my ISP... (damn MSN) I'll more than likely break them down to individual files by race/image type & then send them. They should be less than 1.0MB each that way. It will be about 17 - 18 differnt *.zip files that are sent, that should then be combined into 1 *.zip file. I'll send them this weekend.

-- Angry Johnny

Cherek

Post#21 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 pm

AngryJohnny wrote:
Havok wrote:

][avok,

I'll try resending it. It was my E-mail provideder that wouldn't send the file. The collection is 14.0MB. I'm going to have to break them down into smaller *.zip files. I need to figure out how big of a file I can send using my ISP... (damn MSN) I'll more than likely break them down to individual files by race/image type & then send them. They should be less than 1.0MB each that way. It will be about 17 - 18 differnt *.zip files that are sent, that should then be combined into 1 *.zip file. I'll send them this weekend.
Hotmail upload/download is limited to 10Meg
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#22 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
AngryJohnny wrote:
Havok wrote: Which address did you send them to? Trying using the Maximusfeedback one. I can get up to a 20 meg file attachment there.

Hotmail upload/download is limited to 10Meg

Yeap MSN and Hotmail is a 10 meg file size.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#23 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:09 pm

Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Hotmail upload/download is limited to 10Meg

I'm right! I'm right! I'm right! \:D/ :nana: \:D/ :nlmda:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#24 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:12 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Havok wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Hotmail upload/download is limited to 10Meg

I'm right! I'm right! I'm right! \:D/ :nana: \:D/ :nlmda:
Sssshhhh. You'll get Shardin jealous and then he'll start ranting.
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#25 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:41 am

RANT, RANT, RANT, THE RANTING GOES MARCHING DOWN THE STREET.

:stirthepot: :banplease:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#26 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:53 am

Enemy#1 wrote:RANT, RANT, RANT, THE RANTING GOES MARCHING DOWN THE STREET.

SEE!
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#27 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am

Havok wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:RANT, RANT, RANT, THE RANTING GOES MARCHING DOWN THE STREET.

SEE!
Now be nice, he has been at a loss of words lately or just can't figure out anything to say.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#28 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:34 am

AngryJohnny wrote:OK, so far I have uncovered that the other icon images appear to be in the GSWDLL.dll file. I have also found that this is a NE *.DLL (or 16bit) - so far the only *.dll editors I have been able to find only allow you to edit/view PE *.dll (32bit) files. I e-mailed Donovan & asked him how he orignally edited the wpvrc.dll file to create new VCR images - hopefully his E-Mail is still good & he'll be kind enough to share his knowledge.
Bugger, I'm assuming that dll is DosPlan-only, since I can't see it in my Winplan install anywhere. Did you manage to edit the icons/etc for Winplan, and if so, what file are they in?

On a side note, I made a util to simplify modifying the wpvcr images-- think I passed it along to Havok to put up a little while ago, but if it's not to be found, just let me know.

AngryJohnny

Post#29 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:20 pm

warpedboard wrote:
AngryJohnny wrote:OK, so far I have uncovered that the other icon images appear to be in the GSWDLL.dll file. I have also found that this is a NE *.DLL (or 16bit) - so far the only *.dll editors I have been able to find only allow you to edit/view PE *.dll (32bit) files. I e-mailed Donovan & asked him how he orignally edited the wpvrc.dll file to create new VCR images - hopefully his E-Mail is still good & he'll be kind enough to share his knowledge.
Bugger, I'm assuming that dll is DosPlan-only, since I can't see it in my Winplan install anywhere. Did you manage to edit the icons/etc for Winplan, and if so, what file are they in?

On a side note, I made a util to simplify modifying the wpvcr images-- think I passed it along to Havok to put up a little while ago, but if it's not to be found, just let me know.
I think (am not sure) that the winplan images are in the GSWDLL.dll (WinPlan - I don't use DOSPlan). I wasn't able to edit them or even open the *.dll file. The only editors I could find were for editing 32bit *.dll files. All the *.dll files for WinPlan are 16bit so I would get an error with all the utilities I tried. I E-Mailed Donovan to ask him what utility he used to edit the WPVCR.dll but never got a response. The reason I think they are in the GSWDLL.dll file is because the discription Tim gave the *.DLL is "Graphics Server DLL". I suppose I could always E-Mail him & see if he'd be willing to confirm this & possibly give some pointers on how to alter the default game images.

-- Angry Johnny

AngryJohnny

Post#30 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:44 am

What is the utility called? I want to look for it - if it helps/allows the edit of WPVCR.dll it may do the same for GSWDLL.dll.

-- Angry Johnny

Return to “Intel”