*.BMP Question

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

warpedboard

Post#31 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:26 am

AngryJohnny wrote:
On a side note, I made a util to simplify modifying the wpvcr images-- think I passed it along to Havok to put up a little while ago, but if it's not to be found, just let me know.
What is the utility called? I want to look for it - if it helps/allows the edit of WPVCR.dll it may do the same for GSWDLL.dll.
I'm 99% sure that it won't be of help for that -- I coded it specifically to the wpvcr.dll file format specs (50x50 256-color bitmaps). If you want it, however (for whatever reason/use), PM me your email & I'll pass it along.

From some searching around on gswdll.dll, I'm thinking it's a generic/common Visual Basic dll, used for graphics routines -- not a VGAPlan specific file. The search continues!

AngryJohnny

Post#32 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:15 pm

I'm 99% sure that it won't be of help for that -- I coded it specifically to the wpvcr.dll file format specs (50x50 256-color bitmaps). If you want it, however (for whatever reason/use), PM me your email & I'll pass it along.

From some searching around on gswdll.dll, I'm thinking it's a generic/common Visual Basic dll, used for graphics routines -- not a VGAPlan specific file. The search continues!
I'd like the utility very much - can always tweek the wpvcr.dll a little bit. There is also the possibility that the images are in winplan.exe. I wonder why Tim placed the images in the BMP folder like all the ships?

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

AngryJohnny

Replacement *.BMP have been sent

Post#33 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:49 pm

Havok,

I sent the replacement *.bmp files to maximusfeedback account. There are 4 seperate E-Mails. I had to split them into 4 seperate *.rar files. to get MSN to send them. The images are resized, saved as *.bmp & sorted by race. If you decide to place them on the site for dowload all the user will have to do is re-name the desired image to the desired ship. I have also included an excel sheet that is divided by race & shows what hull type associates with what vpl###.bmp file. I hope you & everyone else enjoys them!

-- Angry Johnny

Mad Jack Ffoulkes

Post#34 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:45 pm

And these files would be available....where...?? Are they available yet for download in here anywhere?

FINALLY - someone does a spreadsheet on what each .BMP file is for...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I can't wait to get my hot little hands on your files.

AngryJohnny

Post#35 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:05 pm

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:And these files would be available....where...?? Are they available yet for download in here anywhere?

Havok is still reviewing them. He's pretty busy right now but has told me that in they will be available from the CM FTP area some time in the future. There are 1300+ images that I have sent to him. :D

-- Angry Johnny

Mad Jack Ffoulkes

Post#36 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Nice, Nice, Nice. I can't wait to see them! It's players like you that give this game it's added depth. I have been wanting to list each .BMP and it's associated image for years, well, since WinPlan first came out. (I've still got my WinPlan Beta Test 1 Disks from 1995 around here somewhere - WinPlan 3.5 came out shortly after that - I'm thinking around late 1995). Prior to that, it was DosPlan 3.0 and the .BMP files were embedded.

I think yours is the first real serious attempt at upgrading the .BMP's since Ryo Nakamura's replacements were done back in the late 90's. There have been some nice one's done since then, but nothing on the scale of what you seem to have done.

Anyways, Kudo's to you! And thanks again for your work!! God knows I certainly haven't had time to tackle a project like that.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#37 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:And these files would be available....where...?? Are they available yet for download in here anywhere?

I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

It's roughly about 10 megs of BMP's. I haven't had time to make a page for them yet, but they are in the FTP area now.

Just use the FTP link off the homepage and it should be the 1st folder you see.
Last edited by Havok on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Klauser

Post#38 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:38 pm

Havok wrote:I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

It's roughly about 10 megs of BMP's. I haven't had time to make a page for them yet, but am going to put them in the FTP area.

AngryJohnny, I've been following this thread with interest - I'm very much looking forward to reviewing your work!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Mad Jack Ffoulkes

Post#39 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:36 pm

I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

It's roughly about 10 megs of BMP's. I haven't had time to make a page for them yet, but they are in the FTP area now.
Got 'em!

Yesireee! This massive but tidy little collection of yours certainly has the potential to become the new standard .BMP collection...:-) It's going to take a l-o-n-g time to even get through them all.

All I can say is: Very, very, very nicely done!! Very Nice :!:

Klauser

Post#40 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:50 pm

Ahh ... yes. This is what it's all about. Options!

Many, many thanks for all your work. You've compiled a great collection here.

I may be contacting you in the future for permission to use some of these gems in future scenarios.
Klauser

Havok
Site Admin

Post#41 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Klauser wrote:Ahh ... yes. This is what it's all about. Options!

Many, many thanks for all your work. You've compiled a great collection here.

I may be contacting you in the future for permission to use some of these gems in future scenarios.
Klauser's got a perm :nana:
Regards,
][avok

Klauser

Post#42 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 am

Havok wrote:Klauser's got a perm :nana:
Maybe the reason I chose this new avatar is cause I can't grow much hair on my real-world noggin'.

Maybe it's because today is a good day to ... dye ?
Klauser

AngryJohnny

Post#43 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:31 am

Klauser wrote:
Havok wrote:I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

It's roughly about 10 megs of BMP's. I haven't had time to make a page for them yet, but am going to put them in the FTP area.

AngryJohnny, I've been following this thread with interest - I'm very much looking forward to reviewing your work!
I didn't create any of them - only collected & resized them. As far as I'm concerned, you can do what ever you like with them. :D

-- Angry Johnny

AngryJohnny

Post#44 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:51 am

Havok wrote: I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

Thanks again Havok for putting them up on the site for everyone! I'm glad that you like them. & thanks so much for this site btw - I don't think your given the credit you're due for the work you do here! I know all your loyal users really appriciate it!

-- Angry Johnny

Havok
Site Admin

Post#45 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:11 am

AngryJohnny wrote:
Havok wrote: I have them and reviewed them. They're awesome. There's practically 3 set's of BMP's in there so you can mix and match any way you like.

Thanks again Havok for putting them up on the site for everyone! I'm glad that you like them. & thanks so much for this site btw - I don't think your given the credit you're due for the work you do here! I know all your loyal users really appriciate it!
Thank you! I'll toast myself as it's my Friday and I just got home from work at 3am... :cheers:
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”