PHost4 and JVC Client

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

PHost4 and JVC Client

Post#1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Has anyone played a PHost4 game on JVC-client?

I've got a special mission (not the normal race slot 2 mission - build fighters) and have tried the Special Mission, Build fighters mission and Hiss mission with the lfm FC and with all the correct minerals loaded.

But no fighters .... :roll:

I'm do the Extended mission through the messages this turn, but why does it not work.
I've enables the PHost add-on for JVC.

Any ideas out there?

Cherek

Post#2 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:43 pm

While there is a add-in for PHost in the JVC Client, I can't find any information about what version of PHost it is for 3.X or 4.X.

JVC Client isn't listed in PHost 4.X documents except for in the glossary. So with that in mind, there is a chance that it isn't 100% compatible with PHost.

Has any of the other JVC Client users had problems playing a PHost?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Re: PHost4 and JVC Client

Post#3 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Louisvdw wrote:Has anyone played a PHost4 game on JVC-client?

I've got a special mission (not the normal race slot 2 mission - build fighters) and have tried the Special Mission, Build fighters mission and Hiss mission with the lfm FC and with all the correct minerals loaded.

But no fighters .... :roll:

I'm do the Extended mission through the messages this turn, but why does it not work.
I've enables the PHost add-on for JVC.

Any ideas out there?
JVC is buggy. I've had it mess some games up when I tried using it about 2 years ago. Went I went back into my turn via any other client, VPA, Winplan, etc, it had thrown my ship's waypoints all over the place, ended up having to constantly redo the turn.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 pm

Havok, that might have been, but the latest version is good. This is the first real issue I have found in almost a year. (First PHost4 game with JVC also....)

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:26 pm

Louisvdw wrote:Havok, that might have been, but the latest version is good. This is the first real issue I have found in almost a year. (First PHost4 game with JVC also....)
Good to know. Thank you.

I'm more intrested in running JVPC on my Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA. Anyone tried that yet?
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:44 pm

I think the Developer moved over to a Ruby version. It's called something else, but is at the same website. Have not tried it (Would need a PDA for that :? )

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:39 pm

Louisvdw wrote:I think the Developer moved over to a Ruby version. It's called something else, but is at the same website. Have not tried it (Would need a PDA for that :? )
I'm pretty sure (not totally) the Ruby viewer is designed to work with the JVPC. I think that software is designed to be more like Echoview is for the PC players.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”