Fascist Strategy

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

Post#16 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:07 pm

As a long time Klingon/Fascist player, a couple of points to ponder.

- Be polite. Be courteous. But have a plan to kill anyone you meet.

- BANE said it best. You're a cloaking race - you get to choose when/where to fight.

- Nothing says "welcome" like a glory device popping aound a crowded starbase.

- And nothing says "back-off" to other cloakers like a glory device set to trigger.

- Scorched Earth (pillage). If you can't have it, don't let anyone else.

- Love your Coldpains. Nuthin' irritates the neighbors more than raiding deep in their back-fields.

- You're KLINGON! Revel in it!! You need no excuse to attack other than that!!!

Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Shardin5

Post#17 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:51 am

Klauser wrote:As a long time Klingon/Fascist player, a couple of points to ponder.

- Be polite. Be courteous. But have a plan to kill anyone you meet.

- BANE said it best. You're a cloaking race - you get to choose when/where to fight.

- Nothing says "welcome" like a glory device popping aound a crowded starbase.

- And nothing says "back-off" to other cloakers like a glory device set to trigger.

- Scorched Earth (pillage). If you can't have it, don't let anyone else.

- Love your Coldpains. Nuthin' irritates the neighbors more than raiding deep in their back-fields.

- You're KLINGON! Revel in it!! You need no excuse to attack other than that!!!
I may have to start playing them again, 1st race I played and used to play them alot.
Klauser makes some good points, I wanted to add on, poppers DO not under estimate them, DO NOT make them ALL with Crap engines, as you will need some of them to use in intercepting your own ships, and as cruise missiles into battle. Illwind really are Patriot Killers. Little Pests, are your friends, more useful than one would think. PILLAGE is your ULTIMATE WEAPON, and MORE Pillage, Scorched EARTH. Target those Bovi worlds you can't protect or that are Enemy Territory. Vickies are the WEAKEST Battleship in the game. They have to fight ON YOUR TERMS and nobody else's.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

AngryJohnny

Post#18 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:10 am

So I take it from the "Cruise Missle" use for the GD ships, that the GD will detonate after movement? Right? So if I understood what I read, GD will 'POP' after movement but BEFORE combat.... :twisted:

Also, I had a question I haven't been able to find the answer to.... How many ships can plunder a planet @ any given time? Can I have multiple Coldpains plunder, or will only 1 of them plunder the planet? And the Plunder mission takes place before or after movement?

And finally, which is better? Turning Amorphous into "Soup" with a GD, or pillaging the hell out of them? Example: Amporphous planet 7 degrees, 7506 clans of the little buggers, & crap for minerals... I was thinking I could use the supplies/cash (7506 clans = 750 supplies right?) but if I pop over them, the planet is really useless max mineral is 378 D in ground others are much less... so I'm wondering if it would be more benificial to just plunder them to death ... but I don't know which is actually better, I can see a benifit of both - sort of... Thanks for the help thus far!!

-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

Shardin5

Post#19 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:31 am

GD ships will go Boom after movement. Pillaging of worms, can be a situational issue, myself I prefer Pillaging early, instead of poping so I don't advertise myself to others to early, but sometimes, you see that 6mill worm planet, and its to tempting not to pop them and use the quick money to build something nice with quickly. Pillaging is 1 ship and one ship only in Timhost, in PHOST, you can have mutiple ships pillage the same planet.
President Ronald Reagan

AngryJohnny

Post#20 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:43 am

Enemy#1 wrote:GD ships will go Boom after movement. Pillaging of worms, can be a situational issue, myself I prefer Pillaging early, instead of poping so I don't advertise myself to others to early, but sometimes, you see that 6mill worm planet, and its to tempting not to pop them and use the quick money to build something nice with quickly. Pillaging is 1 ship and one ship only in Timhost, in PHOST, you can have mutiple ships pillage the same planet.
[Taking Notes] GD detonates after movement... excellent... :evil:

It's too bad pilliage is only 1 ship at a time, man what a head ache it would be if you had multiple at one planet... oh well, 1 at a time it is.

I was wondering about that too... so I assume that if I detonate a GD, it will show as any other explosion - yeah, I think i'll plunder the little buggers for a while... too early to give away positions... especially for 750 supplies... Just not worth it...

I just thought of another question - I was running a test game trying to plan & prepare & I had a frieghter in orbit with a coldpain that was plundering, & they both ended up with supplies & MC - I may have done something stupid with the frieghter though... so I'm not sure.. what I'm wondering is even though only 1 ship can plunder at any given time, if I have multiple ships in orbit, will they also be filled with the loot? or DID I do something wierd witht he frieghter in the test game??

-- Angry Johnny

Shardin5

Post#21 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:02 am

Nope,
read about pillage again. As the supplies and money are beamed up to ALL Klingon ships, this is useful down the road when you have a Coldpain, and Yes you will LOVE and Hate your Coldpain, maxed out in MC's, the other ships in orbit will get the supplies and extra money.
President Ronald Reagan

AngryJohnny

Post#22 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:14 am

Enemy#1 wrote:Nope,
read about pillage again. As the supplies and money are beamed up to ALL Klingon ships, this is useful down the road when you have a Coldpain, and Yes you will LOVE and Hate your Coldpain, maxed out in MC's, the other ships in orbit will get the supplies and extra money.
That's awesome! That just opened up a whole other realm of ideas for me... :thumbup:

-- Angry Johnny

B A N E

Post#23 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:04 am

AMORPHS:
Glory device over Amorph:
You get 1 supply per 1000.
So, if the population is 7.5 Million then you get 7500 supplies.

Amorphs are situationally dependent.
If it is a big amorph and good climate and good minerals?
I'd pillage it every 5th turn or so.
"farming worms".

If it is a desert or iceball and high pop amorph and/or bad gov't amorph.
POP

If I have to have the money NOW!
POP

For worm conversion, ponder what is best now & later.
Then choose.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

AngryJohnny

Post#24 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:32 pm

B A N E wrote:AMORPHS:
Glory device over Amorph:
You get 1 supply per 1000.
So, if the population is 7.5 Million then you get 7500 supplies.

Amorphs are situationally dependent.
If it is a big amorph and good climate and good minerals?
I'd pillage it every 5th turn or so.
"farming worms".

If it is a desert or iceball and high pop amorph and/or bad gov't amorph.
POP

If I have to have the money NOW!
POP

For worm conversion, ponder what is best now & later.
Then choose.
I kind of figured that was how it was going to work out... I need to figure out now if the univeral message of an exploding ship is worth the small amount of MC that the planet will supply for me...

I pillaged the planet last turn I played & now there are 593,600 amorphs left on the planet - If I pop that will only give me 593 supplies.. I think I'll "worm farm"

-- Angry Johnny

Havok
Site Admin

Post#25 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:03 pm

AngryJohnny wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:Nope,
That's awesome! That just opened up a whole other realm of ideas for me... :thumbup:
Does that mean you'll be changing your name to 'Happy Johnny'?

Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#26 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:11 pm

I've always assumed that (and maybe it used to be this way) the
detonation of a glory device was broadcast.

However, in the last game I played as fascist, I have seen no message
in my ally's RST broadcasting the glory device detonation.

Anyone want to confirm or deny?
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Klauser

Post#27 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:49 pm

B A N E wrote:I've always assumed that (and maybe it used to be this way) the
detonation of a glory device was broadcast.

However, in the last game I played as fascist, I have seen no message
in my ally's RST broadcasting the glory device detonation.

Anyone want to confirm or deny?
I'd have to test a game to make sure, but I was under the impression that the only time you saw a GD messages is if you were the popp-er or the popp-ee.
Klauser

Shardin5

Post#28 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:10 pm

I am not going to BLAME FHOST, but Bane's game has had some wierdness in it anyway. As for the Popee or Popeer, they get the GD message, we have been hit my a GD and have taken x amount of Damage. Anybody close enough will here the explosion echo, and will know that ship x exploded. A lazy Klingon who leaves the ship name to d19 or Sabre will broadcast out his Location. Change the name and people will hear ships x explosion and not know anything else about it.
President Ronald Reagan

Klauser

Post#29 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:54 pm

I just set up and ran a test game. Fed, Rom, & Klingon. Ran HOST for 5 turns.

- Feds were the target - built a frigate, destroyer, cruiser, and battlecruiser (used SFB shiplist but principal remains the same).

- Klingons were the agressor - built two poppers and a Heavy Cruiser.

- Roms were observing.

On turn 4 I sent both Klingon poppers with fc=pop to Federation base. Also sent in a Klingon cruiser set to "Kill" full of torps and supplies.

On turn 5, the Fed freighters, frigates and destroyers were gone. The Fed cruiser and battlecruiser lost against the Klingon cruiser. The planetary defenses over the Fed planet toasted the Klingon cruiser.

I checked the Romulan messages, and not a peep about glory devices. The Romulan messages showed the destroyed Fed Cruiser, Fed Battlecruiser and Klingon Battlecruiser.

So the only players who see glory device messages are the "popp-er and popp-ee".

Courtesy of the Klingon Deep Space Testing and Simulation Squadron
Klauser

B A N E

Post#30 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 pm

What was the distance between Rom ships and Pops?
Enemy#1 mentioned *nearby*.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Intel”