E-Mail Addresses

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Samuelt86
Posts: 170
Contact:

Post#46 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:46 pm

yep - a little cannon fodder game might be nice - get your team together

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#47 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:14 am

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:It sounds like the origins of THAT would be an interesting story, but I don't supposed Cherek is going to enlighten us..?? I didn't know Arkansas even HAD a Navy. Who knows where Lord Admiral Static is from. Probably not from Tennessee, though. And neither the Imperial Royal Navy nor the Japanese Navy has Commodores. Go figure. The Imperial Royal Air Force uses the Commodore rank, though.

Only in VGA Planets do you run into these kinds of stories... :lol:
Enemy#1 I know you want to this again.

Welcome to our humble Cluster. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Commodore Cherek, the Fleet Counter Intelligence Officer within the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy. Let me catch you (and our other new servants) up to speed on who the IRJTN is. This was originally written by Lord Admiral Static and has been taken from the official IRJTN group pages.

The Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy…. It is a classy sounding name is it not?

Texas Navy:
Being a "Native Texan", and a Commissioned Admiral in the Texas Navy, (Texas Navy, there is no such thing. Why yes there is, and it is officially recognized by the State of Texas and the United States of America), I felt this would be a great place to start some good ole fashioned fun. We know there is good and evil out there in space. Well now there is the Texas Navy.

Japanese:
A lot of people love to name their ships. It seems there are several people who like to use the names of the WWII fleets. We are no different. But instead of using U.S. or British ship names, we prefer to be different. In a fleet of our own you may say.

Imperial and Royal:
These names come directly from the organization of the Japanese WWII fleets. Imperial was the actual term that identifies the Japanese Navy. Royal comes from the British Royal Navy. From my research, which may be flawed, some Japanese Naval Vessels were designed and built by England prior to WWII. British Admiralty also trained Japanese crews, bringing a strong tie between the Royal and Imperial Navies.

Thus we have the Beginnings of the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy.

We have noticed over the years, many times the trouble and misfortunes of others throughout the echo cluster. On June 11th 2003, the IRJTN was the sponsor of the infamous Anti Mine Treaty of 2003 (Message # 2164), in an attempt to ban the use of mines within the echo cluster. I, myself was nominated by a quorum of respected leaders to broker this peace initiative. Ultimately this peace never came to the echo cluster, due to fear of the IRJTN.

We have several members within our organization. Some are still undercover on covert operations. Some of us go boldly where Dnorval is afraid to tread. Others attempt to make light of our organization.

Yes, as Dnoval likes sitting within the scum of the bathtub navy as he calls us. I think he secretly licks the scum from his fingers after he ... well, I don't think I need to go there. But, can you trust a person who goes by two separate identities within the echo cluster: Dnorval=Shardin. Either way, we just call him the # 1 Enemy of the IRJTN.

Then there is the Great and Mercifulness of Ed, who came up with probably the most unique acronym for the IRJTN.

Idiot Rulers of Junk Toys and Noisemakers

I really think this one is classic. I am positive this was founded due to our brave and stupendous scientist who risks life and limb to discover new methods of preserving the balance of power within the echo cluster. Some of the greater discoveries and tactics we have developed are:

AMDS – Anti Mine Deflection Shields
ALDFC - Anti Loki Disabling Friendly Code
ATV's – This is still a Top Secret Project. But some have been
infected.
FIRWS - Fuel Injected Web Refueling System
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:23 am

B A N E wrote:I think the Weebles...err, I mean Tabu should challenge the IRJTN.

:buttkick:
:buttkick:
:buttkick:
:buttkick:
:buttkick:
Currently, there is only two active IRJTN member (and I'm WAY over booked), two other members are elsewhere in the world and that would leave the nine covert members, which blow the covers if they joined in the team game.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Mad Jack Ffoulkes
Posts: 27

Post#49 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:56 am

Welcome to our humble Cluster. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Commodore Cherek, the Fleet Counter Intelligence Officer within the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy. Let me catch you (and our other new servants) up to speed on who the IRJTN is. This was originally written by Lord Admiral Static and has been taken from the official IRJTN group pages.
A fine story indeed. Please keep us updated on your endeavors to preserve the balance of power within the Echo Cluster! I really like your new discoveries and tactics. Uhhh...an Anti Loki Disabling FC? Is it safe to say that the IRJTN do not play the Feds or Lizards, then?
I think the Weebles...err, I mean Tabu should challenge the IRJTN.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but just who might THEY be? Weebles? Tabu?

What a hoot. Weebles. Tabu. IRJTN with a great story behind it. You should publish the 'complete edition' in The Echo Cluster. I never knew of an attempt to ban the use of mines within the echo cluster. (THAT would make a great story in itself!). Publish Message #2164, Dnorval/Shardin, and the Great and Mercifulness Ed. And don't forget your new discoveries and tactics! You have some GREAT material to share.

:idea: Any interest in publishing it? These are the stories that make the game what it is. It would be a shame to allow the 'Origins of the IRJTN' to sink into oblivion.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#50 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:A fine story indeed. Please keep us updated on your endeavors to preserve the balance of power within the Echo Cluster! I really like your new discoveries and tactics. Uhhh...an Anti Loki Disabling FC? Is it safe to say that the IRJTN do not play the Feds or Lizards, then?

I play the Feds sometimes. My first choice are the Tholians, then the Robots and then the Feds. Lord Admiral Static first choice is the Privateer.
Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:I never knew of an attempt to ban the use of mines within the echo cluster. (THAT would make a great story in itself!). Publish Message #2164, Dnorval/Shardin, and the Great and Mercifulness Ed. And don't forget your new discoveries and tactics!
FYI, the message #2164 refers to message in the Yahoo Group, VGAPlanets2. The player formerly known as Shardin, #1EnemyofIRJTN (and a few other ones at other sites) is now known as Enemy#1. THe Great and Mercifulness Ed is/was the host at Battlestar Command Bridge. Here is a footnote, the IRJTN are responsible for upgrading Host from 3.22.046 to 3.22.047 (just because the Privateer and Tholians were robbing and towing/capturing Lokis and other Fed ships).
Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote::idea: Any interest in publishing it? These are the stories that make the game what it is. It would be a shame to allow the 'Origins of the IRJTN' to sink into oblivion.
Really haven't given it much thought.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Mad Jack Ffoulkes
Posts: 27

Post#51 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Really haven't given it much thought.
I've just spent the past couple hours reading back through the Yahoo VGAPlanets2 messages. Interesting...at one point you were being hunted by Static..?? Or was that a ruse? I actually found a reference to another IRJTN player in there...Static's #3 commander, but now I don't remember his name.

The last official TimHost I know of was v3.22.046. There is a 3.22.047 available from Donovan's site, but there are no docs in the archive. It's just a HOST.EXE file dated 8/7/2003. Is 3.22.047 an 'official release' or is it another one of those with 'undocumented host' features? Who wrote it?

I think you've got some really interesting material. I, for one, would encourage you to put together a little story and publish it.

It all makes for a good story, and an interesting read.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#52 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:31 pm

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:
Really haven't given it much thought.
I've just spent the past couple hours reading back through the Yahoo VGAPlanets2 messages. Interesting...at one point you were being hunted by Static..?? Or was that a ruse? I actually found a reference to another IRJTN player in there...Static's #3 commander, but now I don't remember his name.

The last official TimHost I know of was v3.22.046. There is a 3.22.047 available from Donovan's site, but there are no docs in the archive. It's just a HOST.EXE file dated 8/7/2003. Is 3.22.047 an 'official release' or is it another one of those with 'undocumented host' features? Who wrote it?

I think you've got some really interesting material. I, for one, would encourage you to put together a little story and publish it.

It all makes for a good story, and an interesting read.
3.22.047 was a maintenance update to a bug found in 3.22.046 by the IRJTN.

You don't find it as a normal update. It's just the lone .exe file in a zip file.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#53 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:25 pm

Havok wrote:
Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:
Really haven't given it much thought.
I've just spent the past couple hours reading back through the Yahoo VGAPlanets2 messages. Interesting...at one point you were being hunted by Static..?? Or was that a ruse? I actually found a reference to another IRJTN player in there...Static's #3 commander, but now I don't remember his name.

The last official TimHost I know of was v3.22.046. There is a 3.22.047 available from Donovan's site, but there are no docs in the archive. It's just a HOST.EXE file dated 8/7/2003. Is 3.22.047 an 'official release' or is it another one of those with 'undocumented host' features? Who wrote it?

I think you've got some really interesting material. I, for one, would encourage you to put together a little story and publish it.

It all makes for a good story, and an interesting read.
3.22.047 was a maintenance update to a bug found in 3.22.046 by the IRJTN.

You don't find it as a normal update. It's just the lone .exe file in a zip file.
3.22.047 is a update. Do to ABUSE by the IRJTN, of a addon and how it worked with HOST. NO MEMBER of the IRJTN reported this to TIM, I still have the email's between Tim and I, explaining what the problem was and Tim's fix to the problem. YOU are all welcome for the fix by the way. :twisted: As for the IRJTN Bragging of being able to take care of Loki's, Static was Unable to take ANY of of my GORN Loki's in our last head to head game, Even Challenged 4 times, and he never could. I do want to point out, since you are reading the vgaplanets2 messages, there was NO CHEATING by any MEMBER of the IRJTN. The abuse was well documented, at Donovan's, I was new to the game, and made a couple of statements I shouldn't have. As for Static tracking down or hunting Cherek, you need to reread those, two peas in a pod they are.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#54 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:58 pm

As we are so fond of saying "Bad .047, bad!". The third Loki decloak was added to in the Host 3.22.047 and it did mess things a little up a bit.

As you may have noticed, the IRJTN members are Lord Admiral Static, and myself. Commodore Yanaga and The General are currently on a leave of absence.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Mad Jack Ffoulkes
Posts: 27

Post#55 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:36 pm

So, is the 3.22.047 Host Update specific to a certain add-on then? It doesn't appear to be a complete replacement for 3.22.046..??

What exactly was the problem, or what is the bug...were the Privateers robbing cloaked Loki's or something? My big question is, why is 3.22.047 not available for download on Tim's site if he intended it to be an official release?
As for Static tracking down or hunting Cherek, you need to reread those, two peas in a pod they are.
From Message #2145, written by Siladar2000:
"By the way. I think somebody need to go over and smack on cherek.
His points are getting WAY too far ahead of the rest of us. Nothing
personal there cherek.....just trying to keep you in line with the
rest of us. I personally volunteer static."

Static replies in Message #2146:
"I Admiral Static of the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy. Will do
just that. I will attack and destroy that Cherek dude. Just as soon
as I can find him."

I'm thinking that maybe Cherek wasn't an IRJTN yet..?? He was signing his messages "cherek_us" back then. Perhaps this was the timeframe that the IRJTN membership was born.

As you may have noticed, the IRJTN members are Lord Admiral Static, and myself. Commodore Yanaga and The General are currently on a leave of absence.
That was the reference I saw...Commodore Yanaga was mentioned as Admiral Static's #3 man. I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about "The General".

User avatar
Samuelt86
Posts: 170
Contact:

Post#56 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:34 am

Clearly when playing the IRJTN, I would not pay attention to the noise in the Forums and in-game messages. Instead, listen for actual explosions as not all is always as it seems.

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#57 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 am

Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:So, is the 3.22.047 Host Update specific to a certain add-on then? It doesn't appear to be a complete replacement for 3.22.046..??

What exactly was the problem, or what is the bug...were the Privateers robbing cloaked Loki's or something? My big question is, why is 3.22.047 not available for download on Tim's site if he intended it to be an official release?
As for Static tracking down or hunting Cherek, you need to reread those, two peas in a pod they are.
From Message #2145, written by Siladar2000:
"By the way. I think somebody need to go over and smack on cherek.
His points are getting WAY too far ahead of the rest of us. Nothing
personal there cherek.....just trying to keep you in line with the
rest of us. I personally volunteer static."

Static replies in Message #2146:
"I Admiral Static of the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy. Will do
just that. I will attack and destroy that Cherek dude. Just as soon
as I can find him."

I'm thinking that maybe Cherek wasn't an IRJTN yet..?? He was signing his messages "cherek_us" back then. Perhaps this was the timeframe that the IRJTN membership was born.

As you may have noticed, the IRJTN members are Lord Admiral Static, and myself. Commodore Yanaga and The General are currently on a leave of absence.
That was the reference I saw...Commodore Yanaga was mentioned as Admiral Static's #3 man. I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about "The General".
The General of the IRJTN, is the Lone Marine of the group, he is deployed most of the time and I haven't seen him on this site, on one of the old sites, he is listed but NOT as a member of the IRJTN. NOW as for SHEREK, he is a devoted member of the IRJTN cult, as is Admiral Garth Static, the only time they will fight is when EVERYBODY else is wiped off the map. The 3rd Loki decloak was add to keep abuse of the Sphere addon in check. Its to bad, but most of this is hashed out on the old BattleStar Command forums, which are now LONG gone.(We miss you ED)
as for Yanaga(the Evil IRJTN) he maybe on this site laying low, and afraid of showing his real identity.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#58 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:20 am

Enemy#1 wrote:The General of the IRJTN, is the Lone Marine of the group, he is deployed most of the time and I haven't seen him on this site, on one of the old sites, he is listed but NOT as a member of the IRJTN. NOW as for SHEREK, he is a devoted member of the IRJTN cult, as is Admiral Garth Static, the only time they will fight is when EVERYBODY else is wiped off the map. The 3rd Loki decloak was add to keep abuse of the Sphere addon in check. Its to bad, but most of this is hashed out on the old BattleStar Command forums, which are now LONG gone.(We miss you ED) as for Yanaga(the Evil IRJTN) he maybe on this site laying low, and afraid of showing his real identity.
In most of the cases, we don't do a lot of fighting. Why fight someones ships when you can capture them? :thumbup:

What is your record again when you go against the IRJTN? How many times has the IRJTN snatched victory from your tiny hands?

The third Loki decloak did change how we did things, but we have adapted and overcome.

You might want to keep looking for the Lord Admiral and myself in more games together in the nea future (we won't have to look for you since we know you we come, kind of like how a moth is attracted to a light).
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zeus
Posts: 34

Post#59 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:55 am

Enemy#1 wrote:
Mad Jack Ffoulkes wrote:So, is the 3.22.047 Host Update specific to a certain add-on then? It doesn't appear to be a complete replacement for 3.22.046..??
The 3rd Loki decloak was add to keep abuse of the Sphere addon in check. Its to bad, but most of this is hashed out on the old BattleStar Command forums, which are now LONG gone.(We miss you ED)
as for Yanaga(the Evil IRJTN) he maybe on this site laying low, and afraid of showing his real identity.
Well i can remember that this was just after i've written the Zeus addon which has a sphere modul which is not that simple as the Sphere Addon. It has for example loki decloak routines (and some other features like scans over the rim, intercept over the rim, you can hit mines if you go over the rim and some others things which are not supported by Sphere (which does nothing others as put the ship to the other side of the map if it is outside.)

Zeus has maked some noise but was exclusivly in use at RCWorld.de because it was new and in the beta-test phase.

So i think TW has add the 3th Loki decloak for support the hosts which use the old Sphere addon.

But since a long time, the Zeus addon is available as freeware .. and tested in a lot games (more as 100 for sure) btw. the Z-Sphere Addon wich is for Hosts which wants to support me with the mc for a few pizzas.

I always wonder why any host used Sphere instead Zeus/Z-Spere .. really.

cya in space harry

Return to “Intel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron