PVCR Question

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Fyrdman

PVCR Question

Post#1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:34 pm

I am playing in a PHOST game (cool by the way). I can view battles by using Echoview, however, it looks just like a sim. Is there a program that shows a graphic representaion of the battle(s). For instance VCR in Host shows a basic one of Host battles.

Cherek

Post#2 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Download PVCR, it works with PHOST, like PHost docs say. Glad you like PHost.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Fyrdman

Post#3 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:47 pm

How do I make it go?
Ok, I'm a dummy. I guess I needed to run it from the Planets root, not the game dir. Now, I'll go find resource.pln from some DOS site.

Thanks

Cherek

Post#4 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:22 pm

Oops, my bag. I checked on my system and I don't use PVCR, I use PlayVCR. PlayVCR has a better interface and you don't have to write a batch file for each game you play.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Wierdness with Phost

Post#5 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:09 pm

ok - not sure what i have done here - but i no longer have fighter sweeping, but DO have rebel ground attack (one of my races is the colonials - but it's playing in the rebel 'slot' in Winplan.

Must have done something to mess it up, but not sure what?!

Any ideas anyone?

Shardin5

Post#6 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Do you use Echoview? YOU can look there real quick under Option-Host, and look at the race for the last few turns and see if that race slot had Sweep or not.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#7 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:Do you use Echoview? YOU can look there real quick under Option-Host, and look at the race for the last few turns and see if that race slot had Sweep or not.
Hasn't for a view turns, and i suspect it defaulted back to rebel assault when i looked at a combat using VCR, forgetting that one is not meant to use WinPlan's VCR when using PHost.

planetmaker

Re: PVCR Question

Post#8 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:06 am

Fyrdman wrote:I am playing in a PHOST game (cool by the way). I can view battles by using Echoview, however, it looks just like a sim. Is there a program that shows a graphic representaion of the battle(s). For instance VCR in Host shows a basic one of Host battles.
The most up to date battle viewer around is currently PlayVCR. It can play AND simulate all battles of all host versions currently around. Second to that is only ccbsim, by the same author. Get one or both from his page:
http://www.phost.de/~stefan/cc2/ or http://www.phost.de/~stefan/playutil.html#ccbsim

Regards,
Ingo

Cardno

Post#9 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:58 am

Yup up on that thanks - i simply hadn't gotten around to loading it up.

Main prob is i now have rebel attributes when i should have colonial attributes!

planetmaker

Post#10 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 pm

Cardno wrote:Main prob is i now have rebel attributes when i should have colonial attributes!
What do you mean with "attributes"? Is it just that WinPlan shows you that you can do RGA? Did you try?
My guess it is just WinPlan being confused by PlayerRace and PlayerNumber. If you mind assigning RGA whereas you build fighters, use the extended mission "special mission". You even may edit the supplied "missions.ini" file and replace special mission by your own special mission, that is build fighters.
http://www.phost.de/dox/hosting.htm#PlayerRace

IMO WinPlan is known for not coping too well with non standard race assignments.

If you actually can do RGA (e.g. also get a message of successful RGA being done) something on the host side went wrong.

Regards,
Ingo

Cardno

Post#11 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:09 pm

planetmaker wrote:
Cardno wrote:Main prob is i now have rebel attributes when i should have colonial attributes!
What do you mean with "attributes"? Is it just that WinPlan shows you that you can do RGA? Did you try?
My guess it is just WinPlan being confused by PlayerRace and PlayerNumber. If you mind assigning RGA whereas you build fighters, use the extended mission "special mission". You even may edit the supplied "missions.ini" file and replace special mission by your own special mission, that is build fighters.
http://www.phost.de/dox/hosting.htm#PlayerRace

IMO WinPlan is known for not coping too well with non standard race assignments.

If you actually can do RGA (e.g. also get a message of successful RGA being done) something on the host side went wrong.

Regards,
Ingo
I will try the RGA Function, but at the start of the game, minesweeping with fighters was a game option - it no longer is, but RGA'ing shows up as the race ability instead.

Return to “Intel”