Intercept a towed ship

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Catman

Intercept a towed ship

Post#1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Okay, I see where host order says that towing ships move, then intercept ships move. I also know about the friendly code order of battle. I'm probably missing something somewhere about the order of battle.

Here's my question:
Can a cloaker (ship A, no PE) tow a enemy ship (ship B, possibly PE and KILL) to a point in space and not be killed because the friendly interceptor (ship C, with PE to Ship B race) attacked the towed ship.

I hope I explained myself :? I'm thinking if Ship B has me as PE and set to KILL, then I may lose Ship A.

Can anyone shed some better light on this?

Catman

Rimstalker

Post#2 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:32 pm

Your ships will always fight according to your battle order set. So if your interceptor has PE set and your tower not, the interceptor will fight first.

Possible exception: if the ship that is being towed has the same FC as the interceptor (of course, with exceptions 'mkt' and 'lfm' i think), it will not fight and the towed ship might attack the tower.

If intercepting ship has a cloaking device, it will ALWAYS fight the ship it was intercepting first (of course, only if battle is initiated).
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Shardin5

Post#3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Ok,
Gorn Cloaker(Ship a) tows off, a Fed Nebula(ship B), and a Fed NOVA(shipC) is set to intercept ship B or Ship A. Nova is set to PE Gorn, they fight, if the Nebula has Gorn as PE, they fight, if both Fed ships have PE of Gorn, the fight based on battle order. If the Gorn has the Fed set as PE, then he fights the other 2 based on battle order. Cruel thing to do when fighting cloakers is to have your own ships set to intercept each other, with PE of the cloaker set, always a nice surprise. :twisted:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

hennef

Post#4 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:57 pm

nothing to add here ;)
have fun!

hennef

Catman

Post#5 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks! I will try it! Muahahaha more build points!

Catman

Return to “Intel”