WinPlan and Minefields?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

WinPlan and Minefields?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:04 pm

I'm a DOS/VPA player.

I'm currently setting up a test game for my son and brother. I have registered copies of WinPlan for them.

Since I know I'm going to be asked alot of WinPlan questions, I have been running one of my recent games in both VPA and WinPlan.

I realized a couple of turns ago that I'm not seeing my minefields or my enemies minefields under the starchart. I have the Starchart Minefield option selected - looking for all players minefields. But I'm not seeing minefields that I clearly see in VPA.

So ... a question for you WinPlan users. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Havok
Site Admin

Re: WinPlan and Minefields?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm

Klauser wrote:I'm a DOS/VPA player.

I'm currently setting up a test game for my son and brother. I have registered copies of WinPlan for them.

Since I know I'm going to be asked alot of WinPlan questions, I have been running one of my recent games in both VPA and WinPlan.

I realized a couple of turns ago that I'm not seeing my minefields or my enemies minefields under the starchart. I have the Starchart Minefield option selected - looking for all players minefields. But I'm not seeing minefields that I clearly see in VPA.

So ... a question for you WinPlan users. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Are you sure you have the latest version of Winplan (I don't use it either). But I know there was a small upgrade at one point.
Regards,
][avok

Samuelt86

Post#3 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:01 pm

you are turning your turn from VGA. Use the Winplan turn and you should be ok

Klauser

Post#4 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:43 pm

][avok wrote:Are you sure you have the latest version of Winplan (I don't use it either). But I know there was a small upgrade at one point.
Thanks, I'll check that out ...
Samuelt86 wrote:you are turning your turn from VGA. Use the Winplan turn and you should be ok
Really ... running one turn through WinPlan will fix this!?! I test that out this turn.

Thanks,
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Rimstalker

Post#5 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:55 pm

A current version of Winplan will show you all your minefields. If allied, (not sure if ffx is enough, but FFx will definatly do it) you will also so your allies' minefields.

Winplan however does NOT remember enemy minefields you scanned.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Samuelt86

Post#6 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:09 pm

It is not a matter of remembering the minefields as it is more along the line Winplan does not show the minefields on the map for turns that you processed using VPA. So if you submit a turn processed by VPA and then open the following turn using Winplan, Winplan doesn't show the minefield. Don't ask me why. But then the next turn when you submit the turn processed by Winplan, you will see the minefields the next turn.

Captain Dread

Post#7 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:13 pm

I am not sure about the enemy minefields but I will test it out. Usually once I start minesweeping, it is an ongoing issue.

I do know that you have to be cycling through the ships to see the minefields. If you are at the planet screen or Starbase screen, you will not see minefields.

I will post more once I do 2 turns.

Captain Dread

Samuelt86

Post#8 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:21 pm

It is not really a problem - just don't constantly switch from VPA to Winplan. If you do your turns on Winplan, then Winplan will read them. It is only on the switch.

I will give you another one that has to do with the Birds. If you set your mission on Superspy and give your ship away, it will remain cloaked to all Winplan users. However all VPA players see you glowing brightly. Check her out.

Shardin5

Post#9 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

I highly recommend EchoView for your winplan buddies as well.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Intel”