C- Player Variant

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Post#16 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:55 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:So no one uses the automatic waypoint feature in WinPlan to set a ship waypoints and missions?

When I started playing there was no Winplan. There was some talk about it, but nothing was started yet. I still use the DOS version. Well, really, I use PCC. ...and echoview for info on how many cols are required for growth. That's the only limitation I've found to PCC. It doesn't tell me how many clans I need to put on a planet for growth to occur. OK, it doesn't do minefield simulations either, but I haven't found anything else that will let me pick a point on the map, tell it how many torps I've got and what kind, and have it show me the size fo the minefield I'll get. Not a big deal since I can do the math and draw a circle on the map in PCC...

But anyway...

What does this automatic waypoint feature do, exactly?

My version of EchoView has a minefield calculator in it. It lets you put in a # of mk? torpedoes and tells you the size of the minefield. I then use EchoView to advance to the next turn to check the size of the minefield and to make sure it is what I want.

The automatic waypoint lets you pre-program a ship to go to a waypoint (planet, ship or a spot in space) and to do a certain missions. I use it when I have freighter that going between two planet multiple time (go to planet A, beam up Moly from planet A, take Moly to planet B, beam down Moly and then starts all over again), sometimes when traveling through Privateer infested space for zigzagging, sweeping minefields. I think you can set up to six waypoints and missions. It saves me the trouble having to do repetitive commands over and over again.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#17 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:24 am

Proteus wrote:I just went to the web site that has PCC.

Zaphod, is it easy to plan and move the hyp ships using pcc?

Also have you written any scripts for use with pcc?

re: winplan

I used to use the original vgap dos version with VPA, but it's limitation was the number of ships it could identify. So I purchased winplan, but still only use VPA, randgen/randmax and feval. Using the zoom feature allows me to easily see and move my ships within the warp wells. The HYP feature is easy as well.

My reply is under VGAP Utilities in this forum group.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#18 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am

I was originally going to reply in this thread but decided that Cherek's new thread would be more appropriate...

Return to “Intel”