Allies and Mine Fields

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gavan
Posts: 879

Allies and Mine Fields

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:48 am

As a follow on to my last question when you travel through an allies mine field (web mine or normal mines) do you get a message saying how many ly's you have traveled through or is it the same as traveling through your own mine fields (you do not get a message)?

I think the answer is no but....
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Gavan wrote:As a follow on to my last question when you travel through an allies mine field (web mine or normal mines) do you get a message saying how many ly's you have traveled through or is it the same as traveling through your own mine fields (you do not get a message)?

I think the answer is no but....
You're correct. You probably won't get a message.
Last edited by Havok on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Havok wrote:
Gavan wrote:I think the answer is no but....
You're correct. You don't get a message.
Cool that is what I thought.

But it does make me wonder how I am both in an alliance with someone this turn and yet still get messages about traveling through that allies mine field.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:39 pm

Gavan wrote:
Havok wrote:
Gavan wrote:I think the answer is no but....
You're correct. You don't get a message.
Cool that is what I thought.

But it does make me wonder how I am both in an alliance with someone this turn and yet still get messages about traveling through that allies mine field.
Simple answer again.

They have a friendly code on for you, but you don't have one on for them. So technically, they're still the enemy.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:22 pm

Havok wrote:Simple answer again.

They have a friendly code on for you, but you don't have one on for them. So technically, they're still the enemy.
So I will continue to get messages about their mine field without being to run into it?
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#6 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:41 pm

Gavan wrote:
Havok wrote:Simple answer again.

They have a friendly code on for you, but you don't have one on for them. So technically, they're still the enemy.
So I will continue to get messages about their mine field without being to run into it?
I guess you'll know next turn. Is there a problem?
Regards,
][avok

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#7 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:35 pm

Havok wrote:
I guess you'll know next turn. Is there a problem?
Only in that I have a race that is allied to me (but not me to him) and yet I am getting traveling through mine field messages from that race's mine field when I should be safe from his mine fields.

I am trying to understand when an alliance is created in the host order and what effect it should have on enemy mine fields when they are in an alliance to me. (alliances appear to be created early on in the host order but yet I get mine field messages) Just find that strange.

My goal is to break the alliance next turn and sweep the mine field all in one turn but I am not sure that is the order host happens in. (I think have an enemy who is being sneaky so trying to understand what he gains for it)
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#8 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:56 pm

Gavan wrote:
Havok wrote:
I guess you'll know next turn. Is there a problem?
Only in that I have a race that is allied to me (but not me to him) and yet I am getting traveling through mine field messages from that race's mine field when I should be safe from his mine fields.

I am trying to understand when an alliance is created in the host order and what effect it should have on enemy mine fields when they are in an alliance to me. (alliances appear to be created early on in the host order but yet I get mine field messages) Just find that strange.

My goal is to break the alliance next turn and sweep the mine field all in one turn but I am not sure that is the order host happens in. (I think have an enemy who is being sneaky so trying to understand what he gains for it)
Let me explain it this way. To have a true alliance, you would each have to either ffx/ffx or FFx/FFx each other.

In this case, he's done an "ffx" on you. This means he's opened his area up to you. You can travel through his mine fields. Thats it, there's nothing to read between the lines. If you set your ships to sweep, you're going to sweep them. You'll sweep them because you haven't "ffx" back to him.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#9 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Havok wrote:
Let me explain it this way. To have a true alliance, you would each have to either ffx/ffx or FFx/FFx each other.

In this case, he's done an "ffx" on you. This means he's opened his area up to you. You can travel through his mine fields. Thats it, there's nothing to read between the lines. If you set your ships to sweep, you're going to sweep them. You'll sweep them because you haven't "ffx" back to him.
Ok thanks, Feel much better now but now I wonder why my enemy would do this in the first place as he appears to gain very little for it. (but perhaps my ships deep within his mine field if I should decide to move through it without sweeping)
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
AngryJohnny
Posts: 293

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#10 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 am

Gavan wrote: Ok thanks, Feel much better now but now I wonder why my enemy would do this in the first place as he appears to gain very little for it. (but perhaps my ships deep within his mine field if I should decide to move through it without sweeping)
The only reason I could think of that your enemy would set ffx for you & allow you to travel into his mine field is so that you get a false sence of security. Then, he changes the FC to eex so you start hitting mines as you pass through them. If you're not allied up with him I would start sweeping as you pass through the field - just in case he changes the FC on you.

The only other thing I could think of is he was trying to set up an ffx with another race & entered your race # by mistake??? That would be the first time I ever saw a player ally with the wrong race by accident though...

Happy sweeping!


-- Angry Johnny

"If you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans"

Image

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Allies and Mine Fields

Post#11 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:57 am

AngryJohnny wrote:
Gavan wrote: Ok thanks, Feel much better now but now I wonder why my enemy would do this in the first place as he appears to gain very little for it. (but perhaps my ships deep within his mine field if I should decide to move through it without sweeping)
The only reason I could think of that your enemy would set ffx for you & allow you to travel into his mine field is so that you get a false sence of security. Then, he changes the FC to eex so you start hitting mines as you pass through them. If you're not allied up with him I would start sweeping as you pass through the field - just in case he changes the FC on you.

The only other thing I could think of is he was trying to set up an ffx with another race & entered your race # by mistake??? That would be the first time I ever saw a player ally with the wrong race by accident though...

Happy sweeping!
He could have also been setting a friendly code for another player and hit your number by accident. Then not being observant, didn't follow up to make sure he allied with the correct player.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Intel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron