Warp Wells

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gavan

Warp Wells

Post#1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:14 am

If I am 2.24 lys from a planet and I have stopped in space. (no way point and no warp setting) should I not be moved onto the planet by the planet warp well?
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

planetmaker

Re: Warp Wells

Post#2 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:30 am

Gavan wrote:If I am 2.24 lys from a planet and I have stopped in space. (no way point and no warp setting) should I not be moved onto the planet by the planet warp well?
You only get sucked to the planet with warp > 1. warp 1 and warp 0 will allow you to savely go or stay anyplace.

Catman

Post#3 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:38 am

Then my question is this:
If a ship is at that distance and at warp 0 can it be intercepted since it is not at warp 1?

Catman

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Warp Wells

Post#4 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Gavan wrote:If I am 2.24 lys from a planet and I have stopped in space. (no way point and no warp setting) should I not be moved onto the planet by the planet warp well?
No. Think of it as traveling at Impulse speed on Star Trek. It's a slow more managable speed for traveling in the Well.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Catman wrote:Then my question is this:
If a ship is at that distance and at warp 0 can it be intercepted since it is not at warp 1?

Catman
A ship can be intercepted in the warp well.
Regards,
][avok

planetmaker

Post#6 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:38 pm

Catman
It can be intercepted. But any other warp speed than 1 will result in the intercepter to be pulled (back) to the planet.

Hawkeye

Post#7 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:15 am

planetmaker wrote:
Catman
It can be intercepted. But any other warp speed than 1 will result in the intercepter to be pulled (back) to the planet.

Here's a thought for you - I'm pretty sure that I was intercepted in a warpwell in a game recently, with t-rexs that were'nt 1LY away the round before. So my theory to how he did it is this - he towed the t-rexs out to my ship with say LCCs and when they arrived at my ship, they ran out of fuel, dropping the tow, with the T-Rexs staying in place, and the LCCs being dragged back to the planet as warp >1. Is this possible?

hennef

Post#8 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 am

holy moly!!! :shock: that would be genius.

how did he use the intercept mission in this setting? but let me guess, you did not move? always do :P

my guess is, this should work, but i have not found anything on this specific scenario.
have fun!

hennef

warpedboard

Post#9 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:28 pm

hennef wrote:holy moly!!! :shock: that would be genius.

how did he use the intercept mission in this setting? but let me guess, you did not move? always do :P

my guess is, this should work, but i have not found anything on this specific scenario.
That'd be the only way I could see, if the target ship didn't move at all. Like hennef said, always move, even if 1ly... I find it quite enjoyable to fly an otherwise useless (such as damaged, etc) ship in circles around an enemy starbase, watching him try to catch me. Amusing, if nothing else (else he's Privateers...)

hennef

Post#10 » Sun May 13, 2007 3:37 pm

warpedboard wrote:

That'd be the only way I could see, if the target ship didn't move at all. Like hennef said, always move, even if 1ly... I find it quite enjoyable to fly an otherwise useless (such as damaged, etc) ship in circles around an enemy starbase, watching him try to catch me. Amusing, if nothing else (else he's Privateers...)
absolute joy :D
have fun!

hennef

Hawkeye

Post#11 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:34 pm

Ship didn't move, hence no intercept mission required. Will have to ask the player at the end of the game if that's how he did it.

Return to “Intel”